Sublime Forum

20090612 Beta

20090612 is out, with a few long requested features that I’m happy to finally see in there, visible whitespace and insert key support among them. It also has EJ12N’s HTML snippets for tag#id and tag.class. Lastly, snippets are able to share tabTriggers, and the TextMate CSS snippets are now also included.

This beta is more or less a release candidate for the next stable version, so as usual, I’m keen to hear about any issues. I’m limited in by ability to test the additional file encodings now supported, so any help there is appreciated.

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]20090612 is out, with a few long requested features that I’m happy to finally see in there, visible whitespace and insert key support among them. It also has EJ12N’s HTML snippets for tag#id and tag.class. Lastly, snippets are able to share tabTriggers, and the TextMate CSS snippets are now also included.

This beta is more or less a release candidate for the next stable version, so as usual, I’m keen to hear about any issues. I’m limited in by ability to test the additional file encodings now supported, so any help there is appreciated.[/quote]

Awesome!!! Great features added!
I’ll test it soon :smiley:

0 Likes

wooow! really cool.

i’m glad you caught that one!

one comment i have so far, why is the location of the ‘User File Preferences’ is under Packages\Default\Options and not under Packages\User ?

(it also was like that on previous versions, i mention it now, because of the discussion on the user preferences)

vim.

0 Likes

In hindsight, it would be better there, but it’s too late to change now. The reason that it’s like that atm is simply that ‘User File Preferences’ pre-dates the User package.

0 Likes

I think it will be much better to put the file encoding in the bottom right corner, next to the syntex hightlighting mode or the line ending options, so it will be easier to change the file encoding when a file is opened, and the users will no longer have to go to the file menu and choose to reopen with whatever file encoding he needs. This will also save some space, because currently both the open with encoding list and save with encoding list really look long.

I noticed many file encoding have been added, since I am a Chinese user, I hope to see Chinese file encoding added. Sublime is getting better and better thanks to Jon’s hard work. Hope to see a textmate like or better bundle editor where snippets can be managed effectively, so there will no need to go to package directory to search for a specific snippet and edit it and save it.

0 Likes

Thanks, Jon, for all your work! Russian encodings, Windows 1251 and KOI8-R, work for both open and save. I vote for CP 866, another russian encoding. Guess it can be done with plugins (if not already done), because python have recoding function and many codepages, including cp866. For the future, it would be good to have 3rd the button in bottom right corner, (file type) (line ending type) (file encoding) with the option to set different encodings for the file.

0 Likes

vincent: Sublime currently has a few shortcomings with its support for CJK. Fixing this is on the todo list, although not prioritised atm. I’ll take a look at getting multi byte encodings supported at the same time this is done.

mvm: Thanks for doing the testing. I’ll add support for CP 866 for the next version.

re: showing encoding on the status bar. I’m happy to do this, but it does raise an ambiguity: should the current file be re-opened with the given encoding, or simply saved using that encoding the next time it’s saved? I’d assume the former option is much more useful.

0 Likes

I agree that first option, reopen file with selected encoding, is more useful. Seems that this require some work, because converting between arbitrary encodings isn’t possible, for example from unicode to windows 1252.

0 Likes