Sublime Forum

Getting Started with Sublime?

My current utility editor, Crimson, is getting a little long in the tooth, and I was looking for something better. I was looking briefly at E, but then saw a glowing review of Sublime. Decided to check out the download, and, well… I can tell there’s probably a diamond in here, but how do I use it. The minimap is a fantastic idea. I fumbled around for a while trying to change the font, and then … got stuck. It seems a little odd to have to edit text files to change the color and font on a windows app.

Where do I go to learn how to use this thing? I saw a few videos posted here, but the vast majority of them don’t show anything on my machine. What is a package anyway, and how do I create one? Where do I put them on my system? How do I learn what all the commands are I can attach to my keypresses? How do I automate this thing? Can somebody give me some pointers on how to get started?

Thanks,

-Chris

0 Likes

Hi Chris, welcome to the forums!

This sounds like a great idea. I’ll start putting together some more documentation (a FAQ page at the least), once the next stable version is out - likely sometime in the next week.

Besides the questions above, does anyone else have a list of questions they’d like to see answered?

0 Likes

Are the fights in WWF real?

0 Likes

Starting with sublime comming from e I had some diffculties to understand some concepts like regions. Without a definition I had to guess.
My 3 questions I like to be answered.

• What is a Region and a RegionSet?

• Why is it not possible to position the cursor to a specific point?

• How did they get these things done shown in the videos?

0 Likes