Sublime Forum

Dragging tab between columns causes CPU spike

Description:

When I drag a tab between two columns in the same Sublime window, my CPU spikes and my OS hangs for a few seconds. Eventually the tab is moved, but sometimes is moved to a new window.

Moving tabs between columns using the Shift + Ctrl + 1 / 2 shortcuts works normally. Re-ordering tabs via drag-n-drop also works normally. Dragging between different windows also works without issue. This issue does not occur in the previous build (2126).

Current Build: 2139

0 Likes

I can confirm this issue for Ubuntu 11.04/Gnome 2.32.1 32 bit, build 2139. No issue in the previous build.

0 Likes

I’m having a similar issue on Ubuntu 11.04. I think it happens when Sublime thinks I am dragging the tab off the current window. It then opens a new window to receive the tab, and that process seems to take a lot of time.

However, I think the real problem here is that Sublime thinks I want to drag the tab off the current window when in fact I am just trying to drag it within the current window. It seems way too sensitive to vertical “drift” as I’m dragging the tab. Unless I concentrate really hard on keeping the tab within the tab area whilst dragging, Sublime will decide to open a new window.

0 Likes