Sublime Forum

Goto Anything types through to files

When I use Goto Anything to go to a file, I’ll hit cmd+p and then quickly bust out a filename. Most of the time, this works, but every once in a while the first letter or so goes into the Goto Anything panel and the rest of the letters go at the beginning of the first-matched file (the Goto Anything panel is still open, but no longer focussed). Needless to say, this is really annoying.
I’m not sure if I can give any more information to nail this down—nothing prints in the console when this happens, and it’s quite intermittent. The only plugin I’m running is my word-highlighting one.
Thanks!

0 Likes

FWIW I haven’t seen this.

Next time it happens, could you let me know:

• If the file that received input focus when it shouldn’t was previously open or not
  • if you’re using a layout with multiple groups, and if the file was open in another group
0 Likes

Finally figured out a solid repro. Looks like it happens when an old version of the file is open in another pane, so when it tries to preview the file it first reloads it:

mkdir aoeu cd aoeu echo "asdf" > asdf.txt echo "aoeu" > aoeu.txt subl .
Layout > 2 Columns
Open aoeu.txt on the left, and asdf.txt on the right
Make sure the right pane is focussed

touch aoeu.txt
Go back to ST2, press Cmd+P (should show up on the right pane), and start typing aoeu. At some point the characters will fall through to the view.
From here you can undo your changes, close aoeu.txt on the right pane, and then touch again to repro again.

0 Likes

@jps: Were you able to reproduce this? It’s still happening on my end.

0 Likes

This is still happening in 2143.

0 Likes