Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

GUI for preferences

Re: GUI for preferences

Postby jbrooksuk on Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:34 pm

Check out this. It's not available yet, but it could definitely be better than manually finding things.
jbrooksuk

Postby Rhywun on Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:57 am

I've been tossing around the idea of developing a cross-platform prefs GUI for my own use... more as a fun learning exercise than out of any real need :)

I thought it was really bizarre at first that there was no prefs GUI, but after a while I came to appreciate it because it lets the developer spend more time fixing bugs and implementing cool new stuff.
Rhywun

Postby werchter on Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:20 am

Same for me.
As a developer, I totally understand that this has low priority. Although, as a user, I hope that eventually a settings GUI will be implemented.
This signature was hacked 1 time
werchter

Postby spadgos on Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:13 am

it's a programmer's text editor for programmers. Having the settings as a JSON file is a feature.
spadgos

Postby werchter on Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:14 pm

Aw, come on! As if by definition, a programmer is someone who prefers editing configuration files over using a GUI.

Of course, there is fairly large group of programmers who are completely comfortable with the lack of a settings GUI. I suspect these are mostly people who feel most at home in an open terminal window in their OS. And I respect that.

There is however a respectable group of programmers who are more comfortable in a GUI environment. I'm definitely one of them.
This signature was hacked 1 time
werchter

Previous

Return to Technical Support