Sublime Forum

Chrome style tab closing (easy to close multiple tabs)

Chome-style tab closing would be lovely.
If you’re unfamiliar with the difference, the algorithm is something along the lines of “after a tab closure, don’t resize surrounding tabs until the mouse leaves the tab bar area.”

Thanks for your hard work :smile:

0 Likes

I agree, this would be a very handy little detail making Sublime Text 2 even better!

0 Likes

Tabs are fixed width in chrome, but variable width in Sublime Text. Delaying resizing the tabs wouldn’t cause the close button to come under the mouse as in Chrome.

0 Likes

In Chrome, the tabs aren’t fixed. Open 40 tabs and you’ll see that they shrink. Even then, they don’t resize after closing until you leave the area.

0 Likes

They’re fixed in the sense that they’re all equally sized - this isn’t the case in Sublime Text

0 Likes

Just use middle mouse to close tabs.

Or, better, don’t use the mouse at all.

0 Likes

I often want to close multiple tabs in a row by keyboard, but the select-last-tab-by-buffer-stack behavior makes this impossible. Would love that to be a configurable option if at all possible, it often drives me crazy.

0 Likes

Yes, please “close all tabs” by key command. Thanks.

0 Likes

Throw this in your user keybindings:

{ "keys": "super+shift+w"], "command": "close_all" },
I just grabbed the command out of the Main Menu config file and bound it to a key.

0 Likes

I too would love to see Chrome-style tab closing added to ST.

Often when closing multiple tabs, I have to bounce the mouse around to hit the next “X” because of the variable tab width and immediate re-rendering of widths.

0 Likes

Sublime’s tags are NOT always fixed. If you open more than a few tabs, horizontal space runs short and so the tabs get squished together at equal widths. If you want to close for example 5 out of 10 open tabs, it would be really easy and simple to do if they behaved the way Chrome tabs work, and only resize after the cursor leaves the tabs area.
+1 vote for Chrome-like tabs area

0 Likes