Sublime Forum

Find in folder always reports 0 matches

Hi,
I’m using Sublime-Text editor and it’s been a while since I can’t search anything.

Please note: I still can use command-line Ack for eg. “ack html”

Thanks,
Adit

STEPS

1. right-click on folder
  2. click “Find in Folder…”
  3. write anything in “Find What”
  4. always get “0 matches” as result

MY CONFIGS

• Sublime-Text 2, build 2131
  • Ubuntu 11.10 (32bit)
  • ack v1.94
0 Likes

Find in Files behaviour inconsistent

Check that you don’t have options such as Whole Word turned on.

Also check the number of files it’s searching through (i.e., check it doesn’t say Searching 0 files for …), in case all the files in the directory have been excluded.

0 Likes

(sorry for late reply)

I checked, really nothing special, also tried different terms and tweaking search settings.

Also another thing is strange: some of my projects are huge but it doesn’t even take a millisec
to determine he found 0 results; looks like he doesn’t “try” - or not find ack?

Other than this, how can I try a clean install of sublime? (sometime back this feature was working)

Cheers,
Adit

0 Likes

Here you find a description of how to revert sublime text to a clean install. Don’t delete your data folder, just move it somewhere.

http://www.sublimetext.com/docs/2/revert.html

0 Likes

How many files is it searching through (listed at the top of the find results)?

0 Likes

@senzo, moving sublime prefs folder worked fine, I’ll put my prefs back one by one to see if still works
Thanks jps also! :slight_smile:

Adit

ps. btw it was reporting -for any different search, in different search settings- :

Searching 0 files for “html” (case sensitive)

0 matches

0 Likes

The issue will then be that one of your folder_exclude_patterns, file_exclude_patterns or binary_file_patterns global settings was excluding all the files.

0 Likes

I encountered this issue, and it turned out to be that my search term was multi-line while the Find in Files textbox only showed one of the lines. Whenever I edited the textbox, I was only editing one line of the two-line text, which was genuinely never found in my project.

0 Likes