Sublime Forum

OS X Font Size

Have you changed the font size on OS X?

• I use Menlo Regular, 11pt
  • I use Menlo Regular, but at a larger font size
  • I changed to a different font altogether
  • I don’t use OS X, but I just love voting in polls

0 voters

Sublime Text 2 on OS X uses Menlo Regular 11pt by default, because that’s what Terminal uses out of the box.

I’m considering changing this to 12pt by default, because 11 pt is really quite small, and there have been a few complaints - I personally use 12pt. However, if 11pt is popular then I’d rather leave it there.

0 Likes

+1 for 11pt

0 Likes

+1 for 12px

0 Likes

I can’t imagine coding with antialiasing. My preference:

"font_face": "Monaco",
	"font_options": "no_antialias"],
	"font_size": 10,

… which ends up about the same size as 11pt Menlo fwiw.

0 Likes

My eyes are old and I have a 30" Dell monitor, so I crank up the font size. I use a custom font set at 15 with gray antialias:

and settings:

"font_face": "Edlo", "font_options": "gray_antialias" ], "font_size": 15,

0 Likes

12 pt font on an iMac 27" is about right

it’s set in my user settings so i guess it’s no big deal what the default changes to

0 Likes

On my iMac, 12pt seems like a better choice than 11 for Menlo. I would default it to whatever the default is for TextEdit. But I like to change my editing font all the time (my current favorite is something called “M+ 1mn”) so I don’t remember what the default is. I think it’s Menlo now, but I don’t know what size.

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]Sublime Text 2 on OS X uses Menlo Regular 11pt by default, because that’s what Terminal uses out of the box.

I’m considering changing this to 12pt by default, because 11 pt is really quite small, and there have been a few complaints - I personally use 12pt. However, if 11pt is popular then I’d rather leave it there.[/quote]

+1 11pt

I think consistency with Terminal is a good idea. But maybe it would be good to inform the user somehow (during install or first use) how to quickly change the font settings if they prefer something different. Personally I didn’t find it to be a problem though.

0 Likes

I really like the looks of Menlo 11pt, however on macbook air with increased screen resolution 12pt is a must.

0 Likes

I recently starting using macos but I’ve no idea what font size I’m using (and not much of an idea how to use macos! still getting used to the menu bar not being part of the current window)… but I pressed command-+ 4 times to get my preferred size.

0 Likes

Despite working on both Linux and OSX, I always take Consolas with me wherever I go!

0 Likes

“font_size”: 12.0,
“font_face”: “Inconsolata-dz”,
“line_padding_top”: -2.75,

0 Likes

Menlo 14pt. My eyes are going.

0 Likes