Sublime Forum

Find in Files behaviour inconsistent

First of all, thank you for Sublime Text 2. It is wonderful.

This may or may not be related to Find in folder always reports 0 matches

Find (and replace) in Files seems to have inconsistent results, it seems to work the best locally but also works sometimes over a remote FTP server mounted via Transmit Disk and on mounted network volumes (SMB). When it doesn’t work (I’ve seen the inconsistent behaviour both locally, FTP, and SMB), it only finds a small fraction of the results compared to what it should.

What I’m expecting:
Searching 158 files for “foo”
…]
128 matches across 65 files

What I sometimes get:
Searching 158 files for “foo”
…]
15 matches across 8 files

Running ack from the terminal seems to be consistent. The only options I have enabled are “Show Context” and “Use Buffer”, and I’ve tried leaving “Where:” to just Open files and folders as well as specifying the path there.

If I copy the FTP contents to my local drive, I seem to get different results whether I copy via Transmit or via Transmit Disk. If I copy via Transmit Disk, I seem to be getting the limited results, but copying via Transmit seems to work fine. I’m not sure if either process does anything differently as far as line endings or permissions.

0 Likes

When searching, do you get any messages in the console about skipping binary files?

0 Likes

Yes, 65 of those warnings.

0 Likes