Sublime Forum

Rename in browser

When you rename a file that is currently edited in the browser, the file you edit is not renamed. So if you save it result is two file, one with old name, one with new name.

PS: is there any bug manager for this project ? I’m not sure a forum is the right place for issues…

0 Likes

Yeah. This is definitely a problem.

The advantage of using the forum as a bug manager is that someone with the same problem may have a solution or a workaround. It’s more collaborative and less pressure on jps, the developer. That said, the problem with using a forum for bugs is that many people’s problems may go unanswered.

0 Likes

that’s way some people has invented bug managers. Basically this is the same structure as for a forum, just replace “post” by “ticket” and you have it :wink:

But Bug managers also adding tools to resolve duplicates, to vote, to set priorities, milestones, categories, status… In few words, some kind of visibility on the project directions.

More seriously, as far as I know, this project (ST2) is not OpenSource. And honestly I really think ST2 should be OS as one dev only for this is waste of time and money. As an example, if I had source access, I think I would have solved most of the bugs I found by now…

But ST2 is not an OS project, it is a commercial close-source project. So as I paid my license, I think I’d feel more comfortable if I can foresee when my blocking bugs will be in their way to be resolved… And a forum is nice central point for community but not for managing bugs in a commercial product.

0 Likes

You can report bugs on UserEcho: sublimetext.userecho.com/

0 Likes