Sublime Forum

Load multiple files

Minor complaint about the length of the name - “sublimetext” is so long. “sb” is much shorter for command prompt…

I would like to be able to select multiple files and use the “Open with Sublime Text”.

I would like to be able to run “sublimetext *.txt” from the command line and open up all the txt files based on the common windows wildcards.

0 Likes

This should already work, provided the files have the same extension.

For the other two, I’ve added them to the todo list, but there are things you can do in the meantime to help work around it. If you use bash (via cygwin, say), then it’ll expand *.txt itself, rather than relying on the application to do it. It also gives you an easy way to make an alias or symlink, although you can just make a .bat file, which will work with cmd.exe.

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]

This should already work, provided the files have the same extension.[/quote]

I just tested files with the same extension, and it does not work. My current workarounds include copying the sublimetext.exe to sb.exe and dragging multiple files to the window instead of using the “Open with Sublime Text” context menu.

0 Likes

I’d got a todo list entry to add support for --command on the command line, which would allow passing data to python plugins. It’s presently half supported, but only when opening sublime for the first time, it’s ignored if it’s already running.

re: multiple files with the same extension, perhaps it only works under Vista - it works for me here ok. I agree though that in general, more can be done with the explorer integration.

0 Likes

Could be, I am running the latest beta on WinXP and Windows7.

0 Likes

0 Likes