Sublime Forum

Folders column does not update

Hi,

I am new to sublime and I met a very bothering problem. I have searched for solution both in the forum and on google but with no luck so far.

The problem is: after I open a folder and the folder structure is displayed in the “Folders” column, it will never change again unless I restart sublime. That being said, no matter whether I make a new file from sublime or other method or delete a file from sublime or other method, the “Folders” column does not update correspondingly. The only way I can see now is to close sublime and restart it. This is super bothering since whenever I want to add or remove a file, I need to relaunch sublime. And what is even more frustrating is I checked with my friends and they don’t have this kind of problem. The OS I’m using is Mac OSX 10.6.8 and the sublime version is Sublime Text 2 build 2139. I’d really appreciate if anyone could suggest some clue about what is going on. Thank you very much!

Felix

0 Likes

Check out Tito’s plugin Sidebar Enhancements: https://github.com/titoBouzout/SideBarEnhancements/. It adds a lot of functionality to the sidebar, including a refresh button.

0 Likes

Thanks C0D312! Due to your reply, I noticed that there is a “Refresh Folders” menu item in Project and it does the work. Also, I installed the SideBarEnhancements plug-in. There are lots of functions added to the context menu which also includes “Refresh”. However, I don’t really see a refresh button which could be much more convenient than the “Refresh” function at the bottom of the write click menu. Did I miss it somehow?

Also, I am still curious why my friend’s sublime has the auto refreshment feature. He’s using mac OSX Lion, could that be a reason?

Felix

0 Likes

Not sure about an auto refresh, but you can add a keyboard shortcut (add to User Keybindings) to refresh: { "keys": "ctrl+f7"], "command": "refresh_folder_list" }

1 Like