Sublime Forum

Inc-Dec-Value (ST2 and ST3)

Just wanted to say: I love this plugin. Great idea and well executed.

I did change my keymapping on OS X to:

{ "keys": "alt+up"],         "command": "inc_dec_value", "args": { "action": "inc_min" } },
    { "keys": "alt+down"],       "command": "inc_dec_value", "args": { "action": "dec_min" } },

{ "keys": "super+alt+up"],       "command": "inc_dec_value", "args": { "action": "inc_max" } },
    { "keys": "super+alt+down"],     "command": "inc_dec_value", "args": { "action": "dec_max" } },

{ "keys": "super+alt+ctrl+up"],   "command": "inc_dec_value", "args": { "action": "inc_all" } },
    { "keys": "super+alt+ctrl+down"], "command": "inc_dec_value", "args": { "action": "dec_all" } }
]

…as i very often use cmd-up/down as Home/End when editing code.

0 Likes

[quote=“natebeaty”]Just wanted to say: I love this plugin. Great idea and well executed.

I did change my keymapping on OS X to:

{ "keys": "alt+up"],         "command": "inc_dec_value", "args": { "action": "inc_min" } },
    { "keys": "alt+down"],       "command": "inc_dec_value", "args": { "action": "dec_min" } },

{ "keys": "super+alt+up"],       "command": "inc_dec_value", "args": { "action": "inc_max" } },
    { "keys": "super+alt+down"],     "command": "inc_dec_value", "args": { "action": "dec_max" } },

{ "keys": "super+alt+ctrl+up"],   "command": "inc_dec_value", "args": { "action": "inc_all" } },
    { "keys": "super+alt+ctrl+down"], "command": "inc_dec_value", "args": { "action": "dec_all" } }
]

…as i very often use cmd-up/down as Home/End when editing code.[/quote]

These keymaps works fine for Windows 7 too.
And I find them good and logic, more key you press, bigger the increments.

0 Likes

[quote=“bizoo”]These keymaps works fine for Windows 7 too.
And I find them good and logic, more key you press, bigger the increments.[/quote]

I am very glad that you have found the use of this package.
Everyone has their own preferences, and given this wonderful opportunity to change the settings.

Thank you for your understanding.

0 Likes

:question:
Sorry but maybe my bad English play tricks on me, do you mean that you don’t want to change the keymaps for Windows ?
Or you don’t like the propositions ?

{ "keys": "super+up"], "command": "inc_dec_value", "args": { "action": "inc_max" } }, { "keys": "super+down"], "command": "inc_dec_value", "args": { "action": "dec_max" } },
These keymaps are impossible to trigger in a Windows 7, so don’t you think they must be replaced by something else ?

Well, I put my keymaps in my user file so it doesn’t really matter for me, I only think it’s better for new users.

0 Likes

I suggest the following key combination for Windows:

alt+up/down => inc_min/dec_min
super+alt+up/down => inc_max/dec_max

super+ctrl+up/down => inc_all/dec_all

Try it, whether it is convenient to use that key combination?
My idea was to “min” and “max” were as close as possible to each other, “all” as a complement to them.

Or do you suggest as suggested by natebeaty? I’m sorry, but I got confused in the proposals :unamused:

0 Likes

[quote=“rmaksim”]

I suggest the following key combination for Windows:

alt+up/down => inc_min/dec_min
super+alt+up/down => inc_max/dec_max

super+ctrl+up/down => inc_all/dec_all

Try it, whether it is convenient to use that key combination?
My idea was to “min” and “max” were as close as possible to each other, “all” as a complement to them.

Or do you suggest as suggested by natebeaty? I’m sorry, but I got confused in the proposals :unamused:[/quote]

These keymaps work fine for Windows 7 and are as good as others.
My personal preference go to natebeaty proposition cos all his keymaps share the same ‘base’ (alt+up/down) and you add one or two more key to increase the increment, find it easy to remember and easy to use.

But anyway the only important thing is to have functional keymaps in all OS. People could change them easy to what they want.
Thanks again for your works.

0 Likes

Any good idea on how to easy convert something like

• to

• thx

0 Likes

One way:

• Install PowerShellUtils package
    • Select all numbers
    • Run “run_powershell” command
    • Type “++$a” in the prompt (without quotes)
    • Press Enter

There might be other plugins out there to do the same, but this is the one I use. Of course, it will only work on Windows :confused:

0 Likes

[quote=“whololo”]

• [/quote]

If you are using ZenCoding you can write the following:

li*5>{$}and press Tab

0 Likes

I just want to say that this plugin is just fu****g great!!! :smile:
    Awesome work!

0 Likes

UPDATE: v0.1.1 capitalize only first character in strings without affecting the remaining characters.

v0.1.0: hallo_World -> Hallo_world
    v0.1.1: hallo_World -> Hallo_World

0 Likes

Awesome update. Thank you!

0 Likes

i’ve been having to go in and comment out the default Mac OSX bindings every time you update, since it took over the super-up/down shortcuts (top/bottom of document, something i use a lot apparently).

now i see this is fixed, but you’ve switched to using ctrl, which conflicts with two common shortcuts: ctrl-up/down are page-up/down and super-ctrl-up/down move the current line up/down. both of which are frustrating to have overritten (mostly the latter, which i also quickly found out i use frequently – when it wouldn’t work).

i still think this makes the most sense for OSX:

{ "keys": "alt+super+up"],       "command": "inc_dec_value", "args": { "action": "inc_max" } },
        { "keys": "alt+super+down"],     "command": "inc_dec_value", "args": { "action": "dec_max" } },

0 Likes

natebeaty, thanks for your proposal, but… I’m unfortunately not Mac user - I can’t recommend anything.
    please see the issue#5 and issue#7

0 Likes

thanks, I realize I should have just sent a pull request, but was curious if these work for other Mac users. sounds like they do, great news.

0 Likes

I just removed this awesome plugin just because of the shortcut conflicts on the mac. totally agree with natebeaty suggestions about the shortcuts on mac.

0 Likes

UPDATE: v0.1.3 - added support for the mouse wheel

Instead of the arrows can use your mouse wheel.

0 Likes

Fantastic plugin, thanks for the update!

0 Likes

UPDATE: v0.1.4 - Saving the position of the cursors/selections on the change
    github.com/rmaksim/Sublime-Text … ue/pull/14

UPDATE: v0.1.5 - Don’t place action in undo history when nothing happens
    github.com/rmaksim/Sublime-Text … /issues/15

0 Likes

Great idea! I’ll definitely use it!

0 Likes