Sublime Forum

Copy profile to another computer

Is there a way to copy my profile (or settings) - including packages etc - from one computer to another? I’m setting up ST2 at my work. Do I have to repeat all those steps at home?

0 Likes

You can copy ST2 settings from your user folder located here on Win7: C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2

I know some users have set up a symlink for this folder in Dropbox to keep multiple workstations constantly up to date. Try this article for more info.

0 Likes

Great, thanks! Btw, should the Windows profile be interoperable with Ubuntu?

0 Likes

In general yes, though there are separate files for Linux and OS X key-maps, which need to be updated manually on a per operating system basis for ST 2 as well as packages (i.e. Zen Coding, Git, etc). Most program settings, however, will interoperate just fine.

0 Likes

Thanks!

I also stumbled upon this article on sharing Sublime setings:
elis.ws/synchronizing-sublime-te … g-dropbox/

Didn’t try it out yet though. Suppose different OS’es can be a deal breaker in this case.

0 Likes

If you are using dropbox, you could just use the portable installer and then use selective sync in dropbox to prevent the sync’ing of session information between machines.

0 Likes

I was going to say that you could spare yourself the hassle of doing links and just use sugarsync. It’s better than Dropbox in lots of ways, starting with 5 gbs basic account. I use them both. Will try this syncing of profiles to see if it works. I’m especially interested in cross platform. Anyhow, if you want to give Sugarsync a whirl check it out https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?rf=3jj3vq0h7vjb&utm_source=txemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=referral .

0 Likes