Sublime Forum

Vintage mode :line number

I am a long time vim user and just trying out Sublime. So far I think it’s pretty awesome. Just wanted to point out a couple of things that I have noticed.

1. if I type :51 in vim it takes me to line 51. It seems like this should work in vintage mode, but instead is just see the command bar with :51, but when I hit enter nothing happens. However it does work if I hit ctrl+p :51. Just not as convenient as :51.

2. Another command that I miss is ~ to toggle the case of the character under the cursor in command mode. Also 5~ would toggle the char under the cursor and the next 4.

A couple others that I can’t reproduce effectively:
when I hit dw at the end of a line sometimes it gobbles up more than it should.

sometimes when doing a visual selection the cursor will get stuck and I can’t continue down the screen. I can go back up, but not down.

Sublime text 2 beta build 2139 on Windows 7 64 bit
I am also using the Coldfusion package found here https://github.com/indynagpal/coldfusion-sublime-text-2

0 Likes

Vintage (the package providing Vi-like functionality) lacks a command-line mode. An “unofficial” (Vintage was initially created by ST’s author, Jon Skinner) command-line mode for Vintage can be found here, though:

github.com/SublimeText/VintageEx

It’s in the early stages still, but “:51” should work :slight_smile:

0 Likes

That works. I notice that if the line you jump to is not on the screen it doesn’t bring it into view - I just hit zz and it comes to the center. Big improvement though.

0 Likes

I’ve fixed the new selection beeing off the screen issue for : commands.

0 Likes

Sweet! Thanks.

I added a custom key binding to allow ~ to swap case. It’s a little different than what I am used to, but I think I can adjust.
So with this I just hit v~ to swap the case of the current char. I could also do a visual block using v and the movement keys and swap case on the whole block.

{ "keys": "~"], "command": "set_action", "args": {"action": "swap_case", "description": "Swap Case"},
    "context": {"key": "setting.command_mode"}]
  }

]
0 Likes