Sublime Forum

Is there a syntax highlight plugin for autohotkey files?

Autohotkey files are .ahk
I saw a screenshot with .ahk file syntax highlight here: autohotkey.com/forum/topic50364.html

But in the Preferences->Package Control->Discover Packages there is nothing like Autohotkey. How to get syntax highlighting for .ahk files?

1 Like

AFAIK, AutoHotKey is implemented in AutoIt, so you could look for that instead. I believe there’s an old syntax def for AutoIt in the old repository for ST1 (google code).

1 Like

I have my own version of AHK highlighting, just download the file and unzip in sublimes Packages folder.
autohotkey.net/~zzzooo11/Dow … Hotkey.zip

0 Likes

AutoHotKey is not AutoIt.

AHK is a derivation from the original AutoIt3 source code and the language in AU3 has matured into a slightly more advanced BASIC.

1 Like

I knew they were related somehow, but it’s a long time I haven’t used either! :slight_smile:

1 Like

anyone have a working Syntax highlighter for AHK? the post in this thread leads to a broken link.

1 Like

Here’s one I’ve been using. I came across it on the AHK forums.

dl.dropbox.com/u/44833/AutoHotKey.zip

Cheers,

Jordan

1 Like

ill try it out! thanks!

1 Like

Hrmm not sure where to put these files all the other language inside Pristine Packages folder are of type .sublime-package ?

[quote=“jordantbro”]Here’s one I’ve been using. I came across it on the AHK forums.

dl.dropbox.com/u/44833/AutoHotKey.zip

Cheers,

Jordan[/quote]

1 Like

This zip has the syntax highlight AND autocompletion for AHK Basic

Extract it to

Portable version:
…\Sublime Text 2\Data\Packages\Autohotkey\

Installed (on win7):
C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Autohotkey

ST topic on ahk.com
http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/46447-sublime-text-editor-very-nice/