Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2147

Hello.
Is it possible to have some option to disable bold and italic for the themes? One reason I love this editor is that it allowed me to use textmate theme with fonts that do not have bold and italic variants. Please add this in the options.

Cheers,
Nick Tzanos

0 Likes

hey, I’m just wondering what happened to the alt+shift+w behaviour? I’ve had to regress to an earlier build because of this.

I’m not sure why it’s asking me to enter a haiku, when I want to create an XML/HTML element? Feeling poetic? :smile:

(Linux/Ubuntu @ 64bit, build 2147)

0 Likes

Nevermind, it was the zencoding package confusing me :smile: Sorry!

0 Likes

[quote=“ekolguy”]

So happy to see this feature added. It was the only reason I still had a separate copy of TextMate installed, for quick editing of the hosts file.

Great work.

• 999[/quote]

Thank you! The ONLY reason I ever open TM.

+1

0 Likes

Any reason why some italicized fonts are clipped? I have been seeing this ever since italicized accents were introduced a build or two ago. Screenshot: imm.io/cZBB

Here is my Base File.sublime-settings

{
	"color_scheme": "Packages/Color Scheme - Default/Monokai.tmTheme",
	"font_face": "Ubuntu Mono",
	"font_options": "subpixel_antialias",
	"font_size": 11
}
0 Likes

Jon, I still cannot see italics/bold on OSX. I have everything set to default (I removed my font/theme customization). For isntance, I saw in some posts that comments in Python and settings files are italicized; I don’t see that. What could be wrong on my side? Thanks!

0 Likes

I love the “Hexadecimal encoding, for basic editing of binary files” although I probably never gonna use it.
But open movie files with sublime is possible now :smiley:.

~Juje007

0 Likes

You also tweaked minimap and made my day :smile:.
**Edit: ** Not as I originally thought :frowning:. Opened a bigger file and still click goes to proportional position. I think I jumped the gun on this.

[quote=“jps”]

• OSX: When editing files you don’t have permission to edit, you’ll be prompted for elevated privileges to save the file. This enables editing of /etc/hosts, for example.[/quote]

Nice. Thanks for this.

[quote=“jps”]Dev Build 2147 is out now. Some of the changes are:

• Hexadecimal encoding. Files may be opened as hex, which allows editing binary files in a meaning manner. While this does enable editing binary files, it’s not a hex editing mode per-se, and I’m not planning on adding any further functionality here. It exists so binary files, when opened as a preview by Goto Anything, are displayed in a reasonable manner. It also reduces font glyph rasterisation load, which binary files used to cause, so you’ll no longer get a hitch when previewing binary files.[/quote]

I almost thought you made my hex editor plugin obsolete (which is fine by me :smile: ), but it looks like my plugin still provides some useful advantages, but this default hex encoding may prove useful for me to tap into. Thanks.

0 Likes

[quote=“facelessuser”]
I almost thought you made my hex editor plugin obsolete (which is fine by me :smile: ), but it looks like my plugin still provides some useful advantages, but this default hex encoding may prove useful for me to tap into. Thanks.[/quote]

Your plugin is still mandatory for people that need it. Very good works, thanks for it.

The Hexadecimal encoding is nice but is there a way to ‘tweak’ it ?
A view with both hexa number and ascii char. (like almost all hex viewer) is really useful, even if it is read only.

0 Likes

The best part about the hexidecimal encoding: when I accidentally click on a .png file, I don’t have to wait as my Sublime slows to a crawl. Now it opens instantly, no problem.

0 Likes

How do I disable the hex mode? I need to be able to see text inside binary files.

0 Likes

@captaincrowbar,

File > Reopen with encoding.

0 Likes

mok: I’ll fix that for the next build

Marciano: If you’re using Monokai, comments won’t be italicized, but function arguments should be. I’ll make a tweak for the next build, let me know if you aren’t seeing italics then.

bizoo: I agree it’d be nice, but it’s not something I’m planning on adding, because to do it properly is a fair amount of work, and the work could be better placed elsewhere.

COD312: That’s actually the entire reason it exists, although it’s not so important now with the glyph rasterisation improvements in 2147

0 Likes

[quote=“facelessuser”]You also tweaked minimap and made my day :smile:.
**Edit: ** Not as I originally thought :frowning:. Opened a bigger file and still click goes to proportional position. I think I jumped the gun on this.
[/quote]

+1 for the click on the minimap go to the position where you clicked. Very useful when you use SublimeLinter and want to go to marked region.
Actually clicking on minimap is the same as clicking on the scrollbar, so if the behavior stay the same, why not removing scrollbar when minimap is enabled ?

0 Likes

Yep, agree.
Sad the HexViewer plugin couldn’t achieve the speed of the Hexadecimal encoding when opening file.
But it’s probably the syntax coloring that take much of the time.

0 Likes

And what about View -> minimap position -> right / left after sidebar / left before sidebar ? :wink:

0 Likes

Jon: OK, so I checked, and indeed function arguments in Python are Italicized. Sorry for not noticing this—it was a bit subtle at a small font size, and I really was looking for italicized comments, like I saw in a screenshot someone posted.

Also, in LaTeX, function arguments are again italicized, which is nice. However, I was hoping that e,g, \emph{…} and \textbf{…} would also be shown in Italics and bold respectively, as in Textmate. That doesn’t seem to be happening. I guess one would have to tweak the LaTeX grammar file…

0 Likes

This change:

• OSX: When editing files you don’t have permission to edit, you’ll be prompted for elevated privileges to save the file. This enables editing of /etc/hosts, for example.

Is sort of not right… it prompts for all files without write permissions.

Shouldn’t it only prompt for files that are owned by somebody else (user AND group) and without write permissions?

If you’ve got your code under source control - not having write permissions is normal and prompting for elevated privileges to save the file is not the best way to handle it.

0 Likes

[quote=“C0D312”]@captaincrowbar,

File > Reopen with encoding.[/quote]

Isn’t there a way to disable it permanently? Crap, that’s going to be a huge pain in the rear :frowning:

0 Likes

If thats what you want you can still use the hex viewer plugin.

0 Likes