Sublime Forum

A complete newbie migrating from Eclipse in need of help

OK this is really embarrassing but, hey asking won’t cost anything! So I was using this framework: cocos2d-x.org to make a simple game, however I did a mistake where I’ve updated the source code from git and well… everything went wrong. With Eclipse mainly. So now the Linux port is totally broken, not counting that I’m ‘forced’ to use 32b linux distro.

So never mind, I’ve decided I’ll rewrite the game from scratch and this time I’ll do it right, forget Eclipse. I’ve decided to go with ST2 since someone I know has been using it to make his game and has been very productive lately.

tl;dr

How do I start? The routine for eclipse was to import all the folders and every folder was a project, your game was one of them. Then you’d make a new project out of a folder inside your project to make a build-able android port. It was all auto-magical and the workflow was rather good, F11 and you had your game instantly there, click, f11 and it’s on your device.

How do I set-up everything in a similar manner? They supply some scripts for building native .so’s but that’s it. And the makefiles of course but how do I run those from ST2? The problem is that the same code-base is for both build systems, so how do I tell ST2 now I want ‘make’ in linux folder & launch the binary, and now I want to ‘ndk-build’ in the android folder & open android-logs?

I’m sorry I’m just lost since the documentation is written in a different language for me, and I greatly appreciate any help!

P.S.: Would you recommend trying the broken linux build again or switch to more stable but slower win32 build?

0 Likes

Bump :question:

0 Likes