Sublime Forum

Function reference/code map?

I just downloaded Sublime Text to evaluate, and I must say that it is beautiful - I could easily see falling in love with this editor.

There’s one feature that I rely on pretty heavily in my current editor(s) that seems to be missing from ST, and I’m wondering if it is indeed not available or if I just can’t find it in my 15 minutes of looking, and that is a code map or function reference. While I love the 10,000 foot view of the Minimap, sometimes (especially when I’m browsing someone else’s code or code I haven’t looked at in a while) I need a way to navigate to particular parts of the code based not on file geography but instead based on method names - selecting a particular method name from a list of available methods/functions in the current context. I also find this very helpful when exploring code that’s new to me - I can get a really quick overview of what’s available in the code context I’m looking at.

Is this feature hidden somewhere that I can’t find it, or is it just not something important to Sublime Text’s user base?

Thanks!

0 Likes

Sounds like you’re looking for Ctrl + R.

0 Likes

That is it exactly! Thanks!!

0 Likes