Sublime Forum

Possible Memory Leak in 2139

I left my computer on while I went to lunch and when I came back it was running really slow. The activity monitor shows Sublime sucking up 4.36 GB of memory!
I suspect it may be the SFTP plugin that I just installed and not an issue with Sublime Text itself. Anybody else have this problem?
I’m on Mac OS 10.6.8

0 Likes

What plugins do you have installed?

0 Likes

Was anything being printed to the SFTP output panel? I once saw some memory usage like this when a bug caused the plugin to print the activity dots, and they never stopped.

Did you get a chance to check the console (ctrl+`) to see if any errors were listed there?

0 Likes

My plugins include Package Control and SFTP. I didn’t get a chance to look at the console, since I had to kill the process. I do remember trying to resume editing a file that morning that was left open from the previous day: When I went to save it, with upload_on_save configured, it failed to connect, so I manually initiated the upload from the contextual menu. That is when I saw the unending dots that you describe. After a few lines of dots I just closed the window and didn’t really think about it. I guess it continued to run in the background the whole morning.

Is there a log perhaps?

0 Likes

[quote=“jrdmcgr”]My plugins include Package Control and SFTP. I didn’t get a chance to look at the console, since I had to kill the process. I do remember trying to resume editing a file that morning that was left open from the previous day: When I went to save it, with upload_on_save configured, it failed to connect, so I manually initiated the upload from the contextual menu. That is when I saw the unending dots that you describe. After a few lines of dots I just closed the window and didn’t really think about it. I guess it continued to run in the background the whole morning.

Is there a log perhaps?[/quote]

It may be easier to continue this via email. You can follow up with me at support@wbond.net.

In terms of the debug log, you can go to wbond.net/sublime_packages/sftp/support for instructions on how to turn it on, but most likely if the dots continued an exception was raised that was not caught. This will be printed in the console (ctrl+`). If you can replicate what happened, I’d like to get the bug fixed. These idle timeouts have been quite a bear to handle since it seems every unique combination of FTP or SFTP server brand, plus router and OS creates different types of errors. I’ve squashed quite a number of them, but it seems there are still some more. :smile:

0 Likes

I’ll be sure to send you that information if I run into this again. Thanks!

0 Likes

I get this, too. I have been using Sublime Text for over two years now and every other day, when I forget to close Sublime the day before, I meet a dead slow computer in the morning. Restarting Sublime solves the issue. I wish I can be more of assistance to help resolve this.

This is not actually connected to the build listed on the topic, but the problem is the same. My current buld is 3103.

0 Likes