Sublime Forum

Out of context autocompletes

I am not sure if this behavior was introduced with this new beta version, but I am getting very annoying out of context autocomplete suggestions. I am writing Ruby code and I have this variable called body. When I type body, the following HTML autocomplete pops up:

Making me remember to press ESC all the time. If I dont:

Is that by design?

I also found that, with this latest change some Ruby autocomplete suggestions got really annoying. One example: when I write RSpec code, I usually time a lot of code like:

it "does something" do
end

Problem is, when I type do it automatically suggest a |variable| autocompletion. Same happens when typing “end”… If I somehow forget to press , I end up with a END in my code.

I think those obtrusive autocompletions should have a key to trigger them.

Does it sound reasonable? Is this something triggered by a recent change?

Thank you!

Best,

– Felipe.

0 Likes

The new autocomplete is a bit experimental. I, too, have been gettings some weird results. You can disable the new autocomplete as you type in your User File Settings. You also have to option to set a longer delay to the autocomplete so it doesn’t immediately pop up.

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply!

Do you happen to have the settings for those 2 options :smile: ?

0 Likes

OK, found my sweet spot with

{
   "auto_complete": false
}
0 Likes

It seems like this broke SublimeCodeIntel for me, now ST2 keeps using the default auto complete and won’t build my indexes for CodeIntel. This is really frustrating! Even after adding the “auto_complete”: false line it won’t work. :imp:

0 Likes