Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2151

iamntz: I’m concerned about the annoyance factor when you want to enter a literal digit. It can already be pretty annoying having enter and the arrow keys overriden.

0 Likes

To add to iamntz suggestion, you could do it similar to Alfred for OSX:

Instead of just numbers, you could use a modifier key + a number.

Personally though, I think ST2 could do without it, if you need a shortcut to something lower down, just keep typing…

0 Likes

Hi everyone,

Does anyone else have a similar rendering of italic fonts at least from build 2148 to 2151 included ?
http://sublimetext.userecho.com/s/attachments/201112/i_290.png
sublimetext.userecho.com/topic/8 … mment-form

0 Likes

@jps,

Something I wish would be tweaked about the autocomplete: when autocomplete is triggered, it stays up even when you backspace the entire word. It would make more sense if autocomplete closed when you backspace passed the beginning of a word.

0 Likes

[quote=“wledoux”]Hi everyone,

Does anyone else have a similar rendering of italic fonts at least from build 2148 to 2151 included ?
http://sublimetext.userecho.com/s/attachments/201112/i_290.png
sublimetext.userecho.com/topic/8 … mment-form[/quote]

^^ Yep i’m having exactly the same problem (i use Inconsolata) but it also seems to be tags bold and fudging that too… :frowning:
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/4538/d7a3d0acfe4e4f4096cd24e.png

0 Likes

Jon, while you’re at auto-completion, could you fix this bug? (auto-complete dropdown going out of the screen).

Also, SublimeRope shows proposals in the form: “MySuperClass (imported, class)”, and when you start typing, ST2 considers the letters in parenthesis while looking for a match, despite the fact that if you select that proposal, only “MySuperClass” gets inserted (ie, in this case, “ported”+CTRL+SPACE shows “MySuperClass (imported, class)” as a match).

It would be REALLY nice if only the text outside the parenthesis was used while matching what is already typed.

0 Likes

Quickly increasing font size to max causes application crash.

Ubuntu 11.10

Anyone experiencing similar?

0 Likes

Not seeing this on OSX

L

0 Likes

I love the new autocomplete! Good stuff Jon!

0 Likes

I posted this over in Tech Support but I’ll post here as well since that’s where the conversation seems to be happening.

When you type a tag, say , auto complete comes up automatically which is great. However when you select the closing tag it adds a leading caret. So results in <. Also, it seems that it’s using the snippet to do the auto complete, instead of just closing out the tag you typed. This may be intended functionality and if it is, it would be nice to see a config option to specify whether you wanted it to auto complete using only the tag or the snippet. Or is that what auto_complete_selector is for?

0 Likes

Just wanted to say this was the release that I purchased ST2 on! I was dithering between it and PHPStorm (because of it’s nodejs debug integration) but seeing the quality of the latest releases ensured I got ST2 instead.

Thanks for your hard work!

0 Likes

Love the auto-auto-complete, Jon! Previously, not inclined to incorporate the necessary keystrokes into my standard conventions, I used the auto-complete very seldom. But with this auto-firing . . . look out!

0 Likes

The autocorrect for php tags is not correct at all:

<??>[cursor]<?php

it should be

<?php [cursor] ?>
0 Likes

[quote=“ianleckey”]Quickly increasing font size to max causes application crash.

Ubuntu 11.10

Anyone experiencing similar?[/quote]

similar thing on Win7 64bit . after the crash I was not able to start ST .

0 Likes

This is awesome!

0 Likes

Love the auto-autocomplete but I do agree, it should go away when you backspace out of a word (when you erase the word)

0 Likes

Hmm… Yeah, you are right.

But…

:mrgreen:

Anyhow, i found that the regular time (50ms) is very short, most time i can’t type the snippet+tab and i get the auto complete. I increased the time to 4-500ms i think, is better. So if you enable this by default, you may want to increase that time.

0 Likes

Thanks for your work !

[size=85]It looks like you made a typo in your API functions link. [/size]

0 Likes

Thx for your effort.
In new build occur terminate program when i use autocomplete with this error in console (where i launched ST):
(sublime_text:5339): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to retrieve the file info for `file:///media/…’: Error stating file ‘file:///media/…’: No such file or directory

But this file is exists.
Ubuntu 11.10

0 Likes

[quote=“iamntz”]
Anyhow, i found that the regular time (50ms) is very short, most time i can’t type the snippet+tab and i get the auto complete. I increased the time to 4-500ms i think, is better. So if you enable this by default, you may want to increase that time.[/quote]

+1
if I know what I want to type, I don’t need the box to appear. So 500ms look fine (at least for my typing speed which is not very good).

0 Likes