Sublime Forum

.sublime-project I can't make it work

I have added this to the root of my application’s folder:

File name: .sublime-project

{ "folders": { "path": ".", "folder_exclude_patterns": "db", "log", coverage"], "file_exclude_patterns": "*.log", "*.sql"] } ] }

But I don’t see any difference, I’m trying these folders and files to be ignored in the side-bar and in the results of my whole-project searches.

I have tried several variants, trying to use the “name” key to add a name to a folder, but still not working. I don’t know I have understood properly this documentation: http://www.sublimetext.com/docs/2/projects.html.

I think this documentation is not complete due there are not indications about the full name of these files and where they should be placed.

• Version: ST2
0 Likes

You need to give your project file a name, and open it via the Project/Open Project menu

0 Likes

So no possibility to use this feature by console command?

I have tried:

subl --project MyProject.sublime-project

But doesn’t work.

0 Likes

Passing a .sublime-project file to the ST executable on the cmdline (no options) should open that project for you. I’m not up to date with how projects work, but it might open a new window if you’ve already got an open project. This works well on Windows.

0 Likes

You’re right, if not using the “–project” modifier then the Project is opened using the configuration defined in the file:

$ subl MyProject.sublime-project

Thanks.

0 Likes