Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2152

Dev Build 2152 is out now, with several auto complete tweaks.

0 Likes

Sublime 2 Build 2152 is super awesome with all its auto complete features. Its getting more and more powerful with every frequent releases… :smiley:

0 Likes

Hello,

I’ve installed 2151 and found a bit annoying the autocomplete (using Ruby) so turned off. Now with 2152 and autocomplete off, doing “do(tab)” to get the usual “do |variable| … end” snippet, it no longer works.

Now I need to enable autocomplete for it, but the dropdown of autocomplete gets a bit noisy when you actually know what you’re doing and don’t want autocompletion.

Also seems that the snippet changes from “do” as trigger to “dob”, which could be what I’m seeing.

Perhaps “do” can be mapped to “do … end” (with no variable)?

Thank you

0 Likes

luislavena: the trigger for that snippet has changed from do to dob, which explains what you’re seeing.

0 Likes

Nice! I used this to deliminate the function description and it’s return type, but it’s a bit problematic with long function names:

And then there’s the problem with wide functions in general:

0 Likes

quarnster: I’ll take a look at it

0 Likes

I only just noticed this, I don’t know which update it actually changed in, but is there a reason why the recent file list no longer includes folders? If it was intentional and not a bug, can we have it back please?

0 Likes

Hmmm… The lastest update broke my plugin. Ironically, I believe it’s from something that I requested:

My plugin triggers autocomplete on period. In the lastest update, the autocomplete box disappears instantly. My only guess as to why is because ST2 looks at the previous character, sees it’s a period and closes the autocomplete.

Also, there’s a bug when typing on the last line with scroll_past_end turned off. Autocomplete pops up in the middle of the screen.

Other than that, the lastest version is fantastic. Thanks for all your hard work.

EDIT: In the meantime, I fixed this issue by adding an underscore to all my autocompletions and changing my plugin to insert ._ instead of just period

0 Likes

looks like the auto completion height bug was fixed in this build, great!

0 Likes

Almost :smile:
It is not if you invoke the auto completion by hitting CTRL+SPACE and the proposal list is long enough (dropdown popup still goes outside the screen in that case).

0 Likes

This popup when typing is my favorite new feature, really nice, thank you

0 Likes

@Jon

It would be nice if the help text wasn’t considered while looking for a match to what is already typed.

I had modified SublimeRope so it’s proposals have the form “proposal\t(help text)”, but when on an empty line I start to type “func”, the list of proposals that gets shown is, for example, “filter\t(builtin, function)”, “format\t(builtin, function)”].

But if after I hit escape to close the popup, I hit ctrl+space, I get, for example “found_resource”] (that proposal doesn’t comes from SublimeRope, but from the contents of the buffer).

In both cases I would expect to NOT have any proposals. In the first case, because I’m only interested in what is about to be inserted (not the help text). In the second, because if I had typed “func”, “found_resource” is totally unrelated (the fuzzy search is just too fuzzy to be of any help).

Having “func” replaced by “found_resource” after I hit “.” drives me insane (that’s the reason I have “tab_completion” set to false, actually).

Edit: other than that, I really love ST2, and I’m trying to get my boss to buy us some licenses (hope that works out!).

0 Likes

I think we should be able to set which keys will accept the current autocomplete suggestion. As it is, every time I type “end” (which is practically every 3rd line in ruby) my “end” gets replaced with “send” and I have to go back and fix it. I love seeing the autocomplete box automatically, but I don’t want it to replace my text unless I hit TAB.

0 Likes

+1 Better not hijack ENTER.

Regarding this comment, there is an issue with shift+tab, whatever the value of shift_tab_unindent settings:

1. Start typing to show the autocomplete box.
    2, Validate your selection with tab key.
  2. shift+tab to insert tab -> doesn’t work, do previous best completion
    I didn’t find any way to insert a tab in this context. If I validate my selection with enter key it’s working fine.
    Maybe the validation of autocomplete box with tab must react as validation with enter.

Actually, shift+tab is used for:

1. unindent
  2. insert tab
  3. insert previous best completion

It’s quite difficult to know which action is triggered in which context.

0 Likes

@Jon Is there any way to turn off the antialiasing in the autocomplete menu?

0 Likes

Regression Bug with key bindings on DEV.
https://forum.sublimetext.com/t/keybindings-regression-bug-dev-build-2152/3566/1

0 Likes