Dev Build 2152

Re: Dev Build 2152

Postby jasondavis on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:00 pm

This popup when typing is my favorite new feature, really nice, thank you
jasondavis

Postby riffito on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:56 pm

@Jon

API: on_query_completions results may have tabs embedded in their descriptions, to deliminate help text

It would be nice if the help text wasn't considered while looking for a match to what is already typed.

I had modified SublimeRope so it's proposals have the form "proposal\t(help text)", but when on an empty line I start to type "func", the list of proposals that gets shown is, for example, ["filter\t(builtin, function)", "format\t(builtin, function)"].

But if after I hit escape to close the popup, I hit ctrl+space, I get, for example ["found_resource"] (that proposal doesn't comes from SublimeRope, but from the contents of the buffer).

In both cases I would expect to NOT have any proposals. In the first case, because I'm only interested in what is about to be inserted (not the help text). In the second, because if I had typed "func", "found_resource" is totally unrelated (the fuzzy search is just too fuzzy to be of any help).

Having "func" replaced by "found_resource" after I hit "." drives me insane (that's the reason I have "tab_completion" set to false, actually).

Edit: other than that, I really love ST2, and I'm trying to get my boss to buy us some licenses (hope that works out!).
Last edited by riffito on Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
riffito

Postby hiddenbek on Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:11 pm

I think we should be able to set which keys will accept the current autocomplete suggestion. As it is, every time I type "end<ENTER>" (which is practically every 3rd line in ruby) my "end" gets replaced with "send" and I have to go back and fix it. I love seeing the autocomplete box automatically, but I don't want it to replace my text unless I hit TAB.
hiddenbek

Postby bizoo on Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:13 am

hiddenbek wrote:As it is, every time I type "end<ENTER>" (which is practically every 3rd line in ruby) my "end" gets replaced with "send" and I have to go back and fix it. I love seeing the autocomplete box automatically, but I don't want it to replace my text unless I hit TAB.

+1 Better not hijack ENTER.

Regarding this comment, there is an issue with shift+tab, whatever the value of shift_tab_unindent settings:
1. Start typing to show the autocomplete box.
2, Validate your selection with tab key.
3. shift+tab to insert tab -> doesn't work, do previous best completion
I didn't find any way to insert a tab in this context. If I validate my selection with enter key it's working fine.
Maybe the validation of autocomplete box with tab must react as validation with enter.

Actually, shift+tab is used for:
1. unindent
2. insert tab
3. insert previous best completion

It's quite difficult to know which action is triggered in which context.
bizoo

Postby squ1b3r on Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:00 pm

@Jon Is there any way to turn off the antialiasing in the autocomplete menu?
squ1b3r

Postby kuroir on Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:12 am

Regression Bug with key bindings on DEV.
http://www.sublimetext.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4319
kuroir

Previous

Return to General Discussion