Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

SublimeLinter

Re: SublimeLinter

Postby aparajita on Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:21 am

Currently there is no facility to specify globals via the settings. If wouldn't be hard to implement, add a ticket to the issue tracker on github. You can put the declaration directly in your source code at the top:

Code: Select all
/*global DISQUS:true, jQuery:false */
aparajita

Postby Abonec on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:44 am

How to force run linter in ruby without warnings check? Like "ruby -c".
Abonec

Postby aparajita on Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:12 pm

Abonec wrote:How to force run linter in ruby without warnings check? Like "ruby -c".

Look for "lint_args" in the README.
aparajita

Re: Impled globals and globals in SublimeLinter / Javascript

Postby aparajita on Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:16 pm

gabbon wrote:Is there a way to configure a project so SublimeLinter understands that some javascript variables are global and should not be errors

One of the options, "predef", can be an array of names, which will be used to declare global variables, or an object whose keys are used as global names, with a boolean value that determines if they are assignable.
aparajita

Postby philosopherdog on Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:25 pm

The trick is that you need to provide the path of your php install to both the sublimelinter_executable_map and the sublimelinter_syntax_map (notice one is executable and the other is syntax). So in my case I've got it installed in my xammp directory on a windoz 7 64 box. So leave the default settings folder alone and add the following to your preferences > file settings > user
Code: Select all
"sublimelinter_executable_map":
{
  "php": "c:/xampp/php/php"
},
"sublimelinter_syntax_map":
{
  "php": "c:/xampp/php/php"
}

Put a comma in before the last entry and make sure the whole thing is in curly braces. You need both of these rules for it to work.

aparajita wrote:>I've tested this on windows and it does require some workaround. I finally got it working by editing both "Packages\SublimeLinter\Base File.sublime-settings" and "Packages\User\Base File.sublime-settings"...

I can guarantee if you provide the correct path and don't have any missing/extra commas in Packages\User\Base File.sublime-settings it will work correctly without modifying the default.
philosopherdog

Postby aparajita on Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:25 am

philosopherdog wrote:The trick is that you need to provide the path of your php install to both the sublimelinter_executable_map and the sublimelinter_syntax_map

sublimelinter_syntax_map has nothing to do with the executable. It is mapping to a .tmLanguage file, which is not in the php binary distribution, but in the ST2 Packages directory. So I can't see how that has anything to do with it working or now working, especially since you are providing a path to your php install.
aparajita

Postby willy1234x1 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:41 pm

ctrl+alt+e and ctrl+alt+shift+e seem to be broken, I've tried adding the bindings to my user settings and still it doesn't work.
willy1234x1

Postby aparajita on Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:35 am

Please folks, always give your full configuration information (platform, versions, etc) and sample files when reporting something.
aparajita

Postby willy1234x1 on Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:15 am

aparajita wrote:Please folks, always give your full configuration information (platform, versions, etc) and sample files when reporting something.

Windows 7
Dev build 2156
Package List
  • Bracket Highlighter
  • Djaneiro
  • HMTL5
  • Jinja2
  • jQuery Snippets Pack
  • nginx
  • Nodejs
  • Package Control
  • Placeholders
  • Prefixr
  • SideBarEnhancements
  • Sublime Tweet
  • SublimeCodeIntel
  • SublimeLinter
  • SublimePaster
  • SublimeWebColors
  • Tag
  • Theme - Soda
  • Wordpress
  • Zen Coding
Aside from that it's stock with the exception of opening/closing the sidebar being bound to ctrl+5, I haven't changed any settings across any of these plugins or the preinstalled ones.
willy1234x1

Postby aparajita on Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:10 pm

willy1234x1 wrote:Package List
  • Bracket Highlighter
  • Djaneiro
  • HMTL5
  • Jinja2
  • jQuery Snippets Pack
  • nginx
  • Nodejs
  • Package Control
  • Placeholders
  • Prefixr
  • SideBarEnhancements
  • Sublime Tweet
  • SublimeCodeIntel
  • SublimeLinter
  • SublimePaster
  • SublimeWebColors
  • Tag
  • Theme - Soda
  • Wordpress
  • Zen Coding
Aside from that it's stock

Yes, aside from that page long list of plugins, it's stock. :lol:

Anyway, I am seeing major weirdness with SublimeLinter on Windows in the latest build of ST2. I am not seeing the same symptoms on other platforms, so it seems to be a Windows-only issue. I'll look into it some more.
aparajita

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Announcements