Sublime Forum

[Idea] Run with Ruby integrated with RVM/Rbenv

Hi,

I’m a Ruby developer recently converted to Sublime Text 2 (from TextMate) and I would like to have a command “Run with Ruby version…” to run Ruby files with a given version of Ruby (listing the Ruby versions installed through RVM or Rbenv if they exist). It also would be great if the file didn’t have to be saved (unlike the current Build command).

I really don’t know how to build such a plugin. I’m not opposed to learn or contribute if someone want to develop that.

Thanks,

Romain

0 Likes

This would be really nice, Probably the only reason I have textmate still installed is because it has this feature. RVM integration would be nice as well

0 Likes

Bump

0 Likes

[quote=“Romain Tribes”]Hi,

I’m a Ruby developer recently converted to Sublime Text 2 (from TextMate) and I would like to have a command “Run with Ruby version…” to run Ruby files with a given version of Ruby (listing the Ruby versions installed through RVM or Rbenv if they exist). It also would be great if the file didn’t have to be saved (unlike the current Build command).

I really don’t know how to build such a plugin. I’m not opposed to learn or contribute if someone want to develop that.

Thanks,

Romain[/quote]

Tools - Build system - New build system

Copy paste content Ruby.sublime-build, change ‘cmd’

0 Likes