Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Sublime SFTP and FTP Plugin (w/ Remote Browsing)

Re: Sublime SFTP and FTP Plugin (w/ Remote Browsing)

Postby wbond on Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:02 pm

C0D312 wrote:I seem to have discovered a small issue. When I use the "local to remote sync," it opens a connection and works flawlessly. Then a few minutes later, I might make another edit. When I press "local to remote sync," it connects, prompts me if I want to overwrite, I select yes, then it gives my a timeout error. If I restart st2, and the press local to remote sync, it works again flawlessly.

It seems that the plugin is not properly closing the connection because this issue occurs frequently. But besides that, it's awesome.


Thanks for the bug report! I'll check it out and release a fix with the next version.

You are correct in that I never explicitly close the connection - this helps improve the performance of uploads, but it has been quite a bear trying to find all of the edge cases about how the various programs and libraries I use react when they are disconnected by the server.
wbond
 
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:33 am

Re: Sublime SFTP and FTP Plugin (w/ Remote Browsing)

Postby natebeac on Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:18 pm

There's really only one thing stopping me from purchasing this. I noticed there is "Upload file on save", how about a "Download file on open (if newer)"

Most editors plugins I've tried that do FTP have somewhat of a "sync" when I open a file - that is, checking if the remote file has been modified after the local copy. If it has been modified after, then download the newest version on the spot. I do a lot of personal work off a cloud server (not production) and am forced to use FTP.

Therefore, if I checkout out another branch in the remote workspace via git, there's a good chance my local copy will become stale and will muck up my current workspace if I don't explicitly download each file I open.
natebeac
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:06 pm

Re: Sublime SFTP and FTP Plugin (w/ Remote Browsing)

Postby tito on Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:46 pm

Is there any chance to get the menuitems under "sidebar" and "context menu" organized under a "FTP" submenu?
Thanks
Give APIs, let the community build the rest!
https://github.com/titoBouzout
tito
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:27 pm
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay

Re: Sublime SFTP and FTP Plugin (w/ Remote Browsing)

Postby C0D312 on Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:49 am

I found another odd bug. When I delete a folder off of my server, it deletes everything in the folder, then it deletes the actual folder, and then it tries to delete the folder again. It's not really a big deal, but then SFTP throws a message saying ERROR.
C0D312
 
Posts: 1063
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:23 am

Re: Sublime SFTP and FTP Plugin (w/ Remote Browsing)

Postby wbond on Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:05 am

natebeac wrote:There's really only one thing stopping me from purchasing this. I noticed there is "Upload file on save", how about a "Download file on open (if newer)"


I'll see if I can come up with a solution for this.

Sort of related, I'm also working at a solution for handling auto file uploads when a file changes from third-party program such as CodeKit.

tito wrote:Is there any chance to get the menuitems under "sidebar" and "context menu" organized under a "FTP" submenu?
Thanks


So there is currently a bug in Sublime on Windows and OSX that does not hide the three sub-menus when no SFTP remote has been configured. It works fine on Linux and I have a bug report into Jon about it.

I'll play around with moving all of the menu items under a single entry, however I definitely don't want to get into more than two levels of menus. I'm concerned that having all 9 entries in a single menu will be too much, but like I said, I'll play around with it. :)

C0D312 wrote:I found another odd bug. When I delete a folder off of my server, it deletes everything in the folder, then it deletes the actual folder, and then it tries to delete the folder again. It's not really a big deal, but then SFTP throws a message saying ERROR.


Thanks, I'll check it out.

When possible (for anyone, not just COD312), if you do find a bug, please let me know at support@wbond.net and include a debug log if you can. This helps to make sure I don't forget to get back to you, and helps provide me with info about what is going on with your machine and remote server. You can get a debug log by going to Preferences > Package Settings > SFTP > Settings – Default, copying the debug and debug_log keys into the Settings – User file and setting debug to true.
wbond
 
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:33 am

Re: Sublime SFTP and FTP Plugin (w/ Remote Browsing)

Postby JeromeM on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:39 pm

Hi,

I have a problem using SFTP with SSH Key file.
When asked for the Passphrase, the window close after 2/3sec, and i have the "failure (Connection timeout)" error.

I've tried changing the "connect-timeout" setting, but it doesn't change anything.

I'm on Windows and everything else seems ok ..

Thanks
JeromeM
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:33 pm

Re: Sublime SFTP and FTP Plugin (w/ Remote Browsing)

Postby BomBin on Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:14 am

Any chance to have all the FTP content in the sidebar? Just like a project. Very annoying to go to "browser FTP" each time I want to open a file. that way I could also click cmd+p and find what I want immediately.

If you do that, I'll definitely buy it.

Thanks.
BomBin
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:12 am

Re: Sublime SFTP and FTP Plugin (w/ Remote Browsing)

Postby wbond on Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:13 pm

JeromeM wrote:Hi,

I have a problem using SFTP with SSH Key file.
When asked for the Passphrase, the window close after 2/3sec, and i have the "failure (Connection timeout)" error.

I've tried changing the "connect-timeout" setting, but it doesn't change anything.

I'm on Windows and everything else seems ok ..

Thanks


I'm working on replicating this now. There should be a fix with 1.6.3.

BomBin wrote:Any chance to have all the FTP content in the sidebar? Just like a project. Very annoying to go to "browser FTP" each time I want to open a file. that way I could also click cmd+p and find what I want immediately.

If you do that, I'll definitely buy it.

Thanks.


Unfortunately it is not currently possible to manipulate the sidebar via an API in Sublime. I've had quite a number of requests for this, so I plan on asking Jon if that is something he would consider adding. The downside is that there aren't many, if any, other plugins that would need to manipulate the sidebar in such a way, so it is of limited use.

In terms of browse via key command, you can press ctrl+alt+u+w (or cmd+ctrl+u+w on OS X) to browse remotely at the current file, which is the equivalent of ctrl+p.
wbond
 
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:33 am

Re: Sublime SFTP and FTP Plugin (w/ Remote Browsing)

Postby BomBin on Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:51 pm

Okay thank you, but it isn't very comfortable if I accidentaly click something else than what I want, or I go to Chrome to check something and the control panel disappears..
BomBin
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:12 am

Re: Sublime SFTP and FTP Plugin (w/ Remote Browsing)

Postby wbond on Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:19 pm

BomBin wrote:Okay thank you, but it isn't very comfortable if I accidentaly click something else than what I want, or I go to Chrome to check something and the control panel disappears..


In your case, I'd probably look into buying Expandrive (http://www.expandrive.com/). I believe there is a 30-day free trial. It mounts a remote server as a local drive or folder, and then you can use the built-in sidebar to browse your code.
wbond
 
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:33 am

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 14 guests