Sublime Forum

Can someone give me a run down of the shortcuts they use?

Hello, I recently upgraded from using a full-blown IDE to just sublimetext and I’ve been a happy user for some time.

I’m not an expert coder by any means, but I write in ruby and as of recent some C#. Even when I was using the IDE I never freaking used any shortcuts. I know it’s a sin and I should do something about it so I would love it if you guys could give me the lists of what you think are your most used (and useful) shortcuts. Even if it’s not a sublime-text specific thing but rather a habit you have that helps increasing productivity, I’d love to hear it!

Thanks.

0 Likes

:astonished: :astonished: :astonished:
:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

How the hell you can live without using any shortcuts? Did you used your keyboard at all?

Anyhow, here are three useful shortcuts: ctrl+c / ctrl+x / ctrl+v (copy/cut/paste) :smiley:

0 Likes

ctrl+m - jump to bracket
ctrl+shift+m - expand selection to bracket
ctrl+d - expand selection to word, multiple commands will select the next instance of the word
ctrl+shift+j - expand selection to indentation (I have impeccable code formatting)
shift+delete - cut the current line
ctrl+j - join lines together
ctrl+/ and ctrl+shift+/ - toggle comment line/comment block

I think my mouse is feeling a little neglected.

0 Likes

• Ctrl+P - Go To

• Ctrl+Shift+Up/Down - Move line up or down

• Alt+Shift+W - Wrap in tag

I can’t even remember the rest, they’re just so natural.

0 Likes

I also don’t use as many as I should, but I’d add the following to jbrooksuk’s list:

ctrl+shift+d : duplicate line (although I remapped it to ctrl + d)
alt+. : close tag

I also use the alignment plugin, and have “align my stuff” on ctrl+shift+a
Similarly I have dom111’s toggle quotes plugin (dom111.co.uk/files/sublime/plugi … _quotes.py) attached to ctrl+shift+’ (which, interestingly, has to be specified as ctrl+shift+`)

0 Likes

[quote=“skaet”]ctrl+m - jump to bracket
ctrl+shift+m - expand selection to bracket
ctrl+d - expand selection to word, multiple commands will select the next instance of the word
ctrl+shift+j - expand selection to indentation (I have impeccable code formatting)
shift+delete - cut the current line
ctrl+j - join lines together
ctrl+/ and ctrl+shift+/ -http://www.lalinguaarabapertutti.com/ toggle comment line/comment block

I think my mouse is feeling a little neglected.[/quote]

thanks alot

0 Likes