Sublime Forum

Dired: Simple directory browser

Fixed. I wonder how many other mistakes Iā€™ve made :frowning:

0 Likes

There is now a new version that will allow you to sort the list by name or date (of last modification).

It will also allow you to expand a subdirectory so that you can see it in the same view.

bitbucket.org/hibbelig/dired

0 Likes

Hi. Thanks for the plugin. Everything looks cool except one thing: There is no Dired.tmLanguage which you try to set up in your code. Iā€™ve generated it with AAAPackageDev and itā€™s work perfect. I think you should add this file in repo.

0 Likes

Kudos to squ1b3r for the hint that this isnā€™t usable out of the box. Iā€™ve now added Dired.tmLanguage to the repo.

0 Likes

Any screenshots?

0 Likes

FLX requested a screenshot. Iā€™m afraid itā€™s not very spiffyā€¦

This shows my Packages/Dired directory, and to show how expanded sub directories look, Iā€™ve expanded the ā€œ.hgā€ directory.

0 Likes

Awesome plugin! :smile:
but I have problem on expand folder command, I get this error on console.
I have Windows with ST2 build 2150

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\sublime_plugin.py", line 257, in run_
  File ".\dired.py", line 85, in run
  File ".\dired.py", line 8, in find_view
TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects

Thanks

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œgabriev82ā€]Awesome plugin! :smile:
but I have problem on expand folder command, I get this error on console.
[/quote]

I pushed a fix. Please ā€œhg pull -uā€.

0 Likes

Yes now it work perfect thank you very much! :smiley:

0 Likes

Great. Let me know if you have ideas for features, or find bugs.

0 Likes

Feature requests:

• a shortcut for ā€œgo up to parent folderā€ mapped on backspace key
  • different colors to distinguish between files and folders

Bugs:

• when you press ā€œiā€ shortcut (dired_expand_directory) multiple times, you get duplicate results on files list.
   0:      4.0k | ../
   1:      0.0b | extraspace-d1b55e23/
   2:     66.0M | extraspace-d1b55e23\extraspace_d-6a6ee50b.ipch 
   3:     66.0M | extraspace-d1b55e23\extraspace_d-6a6ee50b.ipch 
   4:     66.0M | extraspace-d1b55e23\extraspace_d-6a6ee50b.ipch 
   5:     66.0M | extraspace-d1b55e23\extraspace_d-6a6ee50b.ipch 

Thank you very much!

0 Likes

Thank you, gabriev82. I fixed both of them.

0 Likes

You should add it to Package Control: wbond.net/sublime_packages/package_control

0 Likes

Hi,

Iā€™m new with sublime so excuse me if my question is dumb :smile: but somehow dired is not working for me.

Iā€™m running it on w7.
Iā€™ve downloaded the zip file with dired package and moved the folder ā€œhibbelig-dired-3d20bab34130ā€ to ā€œC:\Users\Palo\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packagesā€.

The console is showing that the plugin was loaded:
ā€œReloading plugin C:\Users\Palo\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\hibbelig-dired-3d20bab34130\dired.pyā€

I found that this shortcut is in the default shortcuts for duplicating line - { ā€œkeysā€: ā€œctrl+shift+dā€], ā€œcommandā€: ā€œduplicate_lineā€ },
So I commented it out but after pressing the shortcut nothing happend. When it was uncommented the shortcut was just duplicating lines.

If anyone could advise Iā€™ll really greatfull since sublime seems to be really great but I miss a simple directory browser feature.

Thanks

0 Likes

I am new to ST2 and donā€™t know much about python. Installed dired. Trying to run dired from the menu.
Got in the python console :

File ā€œ/Applications/Sublime Text 2.app/Contents/MacOS/sublime_plugin.pyā€, line 339, in run_
return self.run()
TypeError: run() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)

Help plz!

0 Likes

Sama here. The console shows:

File ".\sublime_plugin.py", line 339, in run_
    return self.run()
TypeError: run() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)

When I try to open Dired from the Command Palette.

Any ideas?

0 Likes

The original github for dired no longer exists, though it is still pointed to by package control. I wonder what happened?

0 Likes

Oh my goodness. I have totally lost track of this. But this link still appears to exist:

Let me check where is Package Control pointingā€¦ (Time passes, which is basically its job.) This package doesnā€™t appear to be listed in Package Control.

I guess it needs to be updated to ST3, it was originally written for ST2. Hm.

0 Likes

I think the FileBrowser package is supposed to replace it. But I havenā€™t looked at it in years.

0 Likes

Yes, I now use File Browser instead of dired. Itā€™s just that the latterā€™s packagecontrol page says ā€œST3ā€ (which it isnā€™t I donā€™t think) and the link to the github repo is 404. Maybe it should be removed.

0 Likes