Sublime Forum

Files on samba/network-drives lag/freeze/crash

hi,

i work mostly on network drives (vmware with development environment), my project file also reside on the network drive.

when i close sublime with some files / project from an network drive open and restart sublime when that particular network drive isn’t available, sublime crashes, freezes or hangs. it probably has to do with change detection…

is there any way that behavior can be fixed? maybe a shorter timeout for change detection etc.?

thanks,
myel

edit: switching between files on my samba share sometimes lags a bit, too (1-2 seconds), i can’t reproduce that.

0 Likes

I can verify this - when my VM changes IP and when i try and close the files or to open new files, it appears to crash…

in truth, it DOES seem to default to a local directory after around 5 minutes, but surely the timeout should be much quicker - say 20 seconds or so?

0 Likes

What operating system and version are you using? What version of Sublime Text are you using?

0 Likes

I’ll use this topic, as it comes close to my problem.

I’m mounting a ftp directory in my file system and open it with sublime.
When the ftp is disconnected due to a timeout and I try to save a file that is still opened with sublime, the program freezes until I reconnect the ftp connection. For a couple of minutes (perhaps as long as I have not clicked a menu entry) the menu is still responding. The editor does not respond at all.

Beside this, when I kill the sublime process and reopen sublime, I cannot open the ftp directory or any file in it. After rebooting ubuntu everything worked fine again. But I could not reconstruct this problem…

Sublime: Build 2217

0 Likes