Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Full path to file in title bar?

Full path to file in title bar?

Postby akrabat on Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:51 am

Hi,

Is it possible to get Sublime Text to display the full path to the file in the title bar?

Regards,

Rob...
akrabat

Re: Full path to file in title bar?

Postby BestGreek on Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:29 pm

This is also a big feature I'm trying to find. I work on a lot of remote sftp files and need their remote path displayed. In many cases my remote files have the same names and I need a way to tell them apart.

I've been using Smultron, if I can't find a way to get the remote file path I'm going to have to buy BBEdit instead. Smultron has fallen out of support and the new Smultron 4 version is beyond terrible. Sublime Text 2 looks to be much better, just has a few feature gaps.
BestGreek

Postby hibbelig on Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:16 pm

When I open local files in projects, then the title bar shows something like the reverse of the path. Let's say the relative path to the file is a/b/c.txt, then the title bar will show "c.txt - b - a". I'm on OSX.

Perhaps this is an issue of the sftp plugin you're using?
hibbelig

Postby BestGreek on Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:49 pm

hibbelig wrote:When I open local files in projects, then the title bar shows something like the reverse of the path. Let's say the relative path to the file is a/b/c.txt, then the title bar will show "c.txt - b - a". I'm on OSX.

I'm also using a Mac.

I use Transmit (Panic.com) to open sftp files. When using Transmit with Smultron or BBEdit they both are able to display the remote files path. Currently in ST2 it only shows the path to the Temporary it downloads. I'm 100% sure this isn't a transmit issue.
BestGreek

Postby akrabat on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:13 am

hibbelig wrote:When I open local files in projects, then the title bar shows something like the reverse of the path. Let's say the relative path to the file is a/b/c.txt, then the title bar will show "c.txt - b - a". I'm on OSX.

I do not see this for local files in projects or not in projects. Are you seeing this only when you have two files open with the same name?

Regards,

Rob..
akrabat

Postby nobrob on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:00 am

Indeed, this is a major problem for me (I'm on OSX Lion).

Upon starting Sublime Text 2, I have no idea which window (NOT tab) is for which project. I end up closing them all and reopening... one day I'll disable "remember_open_files". Likewise, if I have five or six projects open, I have to spend a few seconds *guessing* which window is for which project.

A solution is to "save" the project, then the window title will use the project name. But this is a primitive solution.

Setting the window title to the full path would be acceptable, being able to customise the title would be awesome.

I'll be honest, I can't justify buying this product until this feature's available.
nobrob

Postby seamusabshere on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:24 pm

I think this is a very important feature.

It's one of my biggest complaints about TextMate.
seamusabshere

Postby pzgz on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:07 am

Really need this feature, it's very easy to be drown by lots of files with same filename but different directory.
pzgz

Postby BestGreek on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:09 pm

I have the same issue. In our system we have 100+ web sites and they often have the same file names. Example main.css so when I work on multiple sites I can't tell one CSS file from the the other.
BestGreek

Postby eclaird on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:37 pm

On OS X, you can Control-click the filename in titlebar to see the path. A standard feature in all document-based applications.
Last edited by eclaird on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
eclaird

Next

Return to General Discussion