Sublime Forum

Scrolling with the mouse wheel

Am I supposed to be able to scroll using the mouse wheel? It’s not working for me and I’m really used to it. I have a feeling I should really be using the keyboard to move around the text document, but I’m just addicted to the wheel.

0 Likes

After a quick demo to a colleague, it appears the mouse wheel does scroll the document, but only if I scroll really “hard” or fast. It’s rather odd. Maybe it’s my mouse, but it’s fine it any other application.

0 Likes

In general, scrolling with the mouse wheel does work fine, at least on the mice that I have access to. I just spent some time cross referencing how Sublime Text handles WM_MOUSEWHEEL messages (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms645617(VS.85).aspx), and there does seem to be a problem when faced with mice that use a delta smaller than 120/tick: perhaps your mouse is a smooth scrolling one that does this?

I’ll add this to the todo list for the next beta. I can’t be sure this is the exact reason for what you’re seeing, but it does seem reasonable.

0 Likes

Well, I can tell you that indeed, I do use a smooth-scrolling mouse and that a… well, a normal (?) one scrolls much better. It appears you are heading in the right direction. It’s no deal breaker though, I love the application and scrolling using the mini-map is fine for now.

0 Likes

The mouse wheel only works some times.

This seems to be connected with sometimes tab replaces the text other times it indents it

0 Likes

are you an unregistered user on Windows by any chance?

1 Like

That’s it, the registration window being open

0 Likes