I confirm: "Keeps writing “Processing PHP”, or “Updating indexes”
Ubuntu 11.10

tried

$ sudo apt-get install g++ $ sudo apt-get install python-dev
and

build.sh

No success :frowning:

0 Likes

Are You sure this instruction is correct?
“…] go to your Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/src folder, then simply run:”

$ ./build.sh

When I run it in src folder as above, I got:
bash: ./build.sh: (no access)
When try

$ sudo ./build.sh

I got:

sudo: ./build.sh: command not found

But when try just:

$ sh build.sh

Script runs but ends with error:

cc1plus: warning: command line option ‘-Wstrict-prototypes’ is valid for Ada/C/ObjC but not for C++ [enabled by default] ../scintilla/src/LexUDL.cxx:21:18: fatal error: pcre.h: No such file or directory compilation terminated. error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1

0 Likes

OK, last error solved, installed this packages:

sudo apt-get install php5-dev sudo apt-get install libpcre3-dev
but still no expected results on ctrl+space :frowning:

0 Likes

hi kronuz i’m running the lastest x64 dev build on win 7 x64…but since the last 2 dev build or so i can’t manage to make it working, any updates, fix or else?

ty

0 Likes

[quote=“Fed03”]hi kronuz i’m running the lastest x64 dev build on win 7 x64…but since the last 2 dev build or so i can’t manage to make it working, any updates, fix or else?

ty[/quote]

I get this in my console:

Exception in thread scanning thread: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner self.run() File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 484, in run self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs) File "./SublimeCodeIntel.py", line 604, in _codeintel_scan File "/Users/rob/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/libs/codeintel2/manager.py", line 351, in buf_from_content buf = buf_class(self, accessor, env, path, encoding) File "/Users/rob/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/libs/codeintel2/lang_php.py", line 1168, in __init__ super(PHPBuffer, self).__init__(*args, **kwargs) TypeError: super(type, obj): obj must be an instance or subtype of type

Regards,

Rob…

0 Likes

ty, but…what??? XD
can u explain me in simple words?

0 Likes

any news about an update to fix the current broken plugin?

0 Likes

That’s pitty that it doesn’t work on Ubuntu finally. It was the most important plugin for me to rapid coding with SublimeText :frowning:

0 Likes

+1

0 Likes

Is any work being done on fixing this on Ubuntu ?

0 Likes

soooo. anyone willing to take up the reigns on this project and getting it up to date for all os’ and latest dev releases of st2? :smiley: do we need a bounty?

0 Likes

php 5.3 namespace autocomplete would also be pretty sweet…

0 Likes

[quote=“xavi”]

+1[/quote]

+1

0 Likes

Still doesn’t work at all on Windows. Sure wish someone would take over this plugin or it would become core. I could really use some Django autocompletion. Would pay for this plugin…

0 Likes

This plugin does, in fact work on Windows, I can confirm that.

0 Likes

Can you explain if you’ve done anything to make it work? I had previously tried it without success as well.

0 Likes

In summary, it’s not perfect, but it’s better than not having it.

For instance, it chokes pretty hard on SQL Alchemy scoped_sessiosn and declarative_base(), and doesn’t seem to resepect the sqlalchemy package.

That said, it works pretty well for just about everything else.

As background, I’m running 32 python 2.7 (64 bit wasn’t playing nice with pyodbc)

Because of the inherent ‘gotchas’ with the plugin, it can seem as if it’s not functioning.

A quick way to check and see if it’s working is to create a new file with ‘python’ selected as the syntax.
Then, in the file, type “from” and hit space.
In the bottom gutter, if working, you should see modules being scanned.
After the modules finish scanning you should see a list of modules in a popup, you can import from.

As python’s a dynamic language, there will exists cases where the parser won’t be able to determine what type the object you’re working with is – in these cases you will not get autocomplete suggestions.

Finally, one additional sanity check I can recommend that gave me peace of mind was to cross-validate the auto-suggest in KomodoEdit. If the snippet you’re working with also fails in Komodo, there’s not much to be done from the plugin-side, as it references the Komodo library.

0 Likes

Not working on Ubuntu with kernel 3.0.0-16 x64. Updating indexes process never ends =(

0 Likes

Same here - the Ubuntu plus updating indexes thing, I mean. Sadcakes.

0 Likes

FWIW, I was actually able to get it working using Ubuntu 11.10. A co-worker and I decided to beat our heads against it.

The issue, it seems, in my case, is that I had nothing in the config file. Dunno why it was blank, but there you go.

0 Likes