Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2158

It could easily be something that I’m doing wrong or a setting that I’ve changed, but some of my snippets are no longer working in this version. It may have happened on another recent build but as I have not done too much coding recently, I am not sure.

To give an example, I have a jQuery bundle installed & there’s a tabstop after entering ‘$’ which should change it to this: $('').

I will test with other things & update this post, but it would be really useful to know if others are having the same issues.

0 Likes

Thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, …

It look like ASCII files is now opened as ‘Undefined’ encoding so default_encoding work as expected on these files.
I could throw away my (partially working) plugin and enjoy my ST2 in all my projects without fears of bad encoding anymore.

BTW, last releases was great!

0 Likes

this update is visible faster indeed but I also noticed that zencoding stopped working

0 Likes

I’m experiencing this as well.

0 Likes

The new autocomplete rules seems to be behaving strangely for my JSDocs/DocBlockr plugin:

I have a set of completions for JS/PHP/Java Doc tags (eg: @param, @return, @author…) but Sublime doesn’t select them until you’ve typed 6 letters!

@returns” is only selected by default once you type “@retur
@author” requires “@autho
@param” requires you to type the whole thing.

0 Likes

CSS auto completing is now working awesome!

0 Likes

Thank you for the update. I noticed a big issue for vintage, c + w to clear a word no longer works…

0 Likes

[quote=“spadgos”]The new autocomplete rules seems to be behaving strangely for my JSDocs/DocBlockr plugin:

I have a set of completions for JS/PHP/Java Doc tags (eg: @param, @return, @author…) but Sublime doesn’t select them until you’ve typed 6 letters!

@returns” is only selected by default once you type “@retur
@author” requires “@autho
@param” requires you to type the whole thing.[/quote]

It’s stopped working for me all together. What does happen is when I type @ in a comment block, the popup list does appear but disappears almost as quickly. I can see @param at the top, @return @author, etc. To get it to work correctly I have to @ then Ctrl + Space to get it to work now (which is a minor inconvenience but I was liking that the autocomplete just appeared for it)

But also +1 on what jonathan says - the CSS autocomplete is miles better now!

0 Likes

Upto build 2155, the console reacted to changes in the color schemes. From 2156 onward it does not anymore.

Now, one has to place a “Widget.sublime-settings” file under “User” with a “color_scheme” key pointing to the desired color-scheme to make it look more consistent with the text’s views.

While we are at it, it would be REALLY nice if the sidebar would also use colors more akin to the selected color-scheme. Ffor now have a “User/Default.sublime-theme” that disables shadows, sets dark_content to true, and changes sidebar_tree’s “layer0.tint” to match my default color scheme ([56, 56, 56, 255]). In 2158, I also have to modify the “text_line_control” class “layer0.tint” attribute, so it doesn’t contrast so much with the rest of the colors.

Regarding autocompletion:

Is not triggered when one is typing numbers, good. But if one types hex numbers (in Python, for example) it does. It would be nice if it didn’t. I’ve tried disabling that on “Python.sublime-settings”, by using both of these:

"auto_complete_selector": "source - comment - constant.numeric"
"auto_complete_selector": "source - constant.numeric"

but neither worked.

BTW, for Python (and for lots of other languages) the following setting comes in handy:

"auto_complete_triggers":  {"selector": "source", "characters": "."} ]

ie: trigger autocomplete when you type a dot.

0 Likes

Similarly, “ce” and “cW” are also not working. Other change motions still work, e.g. “cb” and “c$”.
In other Vintage regressions, set_repeat_move_to_character_motion isn’t working forwards. That is, “;” no longer seeks forward with a repeated search. Oddly, the reversed version through “,” still works.

Thanks for the frequent updates. The dynamic loading of language highlighting has been a fantastic boon.

0 Likes

Love Sublime Text 2. One suggestion I have for autocomplete that hasn’t been addressed thus far is when I hit a hotkey, autocomplete stays up. For an example, I have ctrl+shift+f setup to send to Transmit to upload. Well, after hitting this hotkey, the autocomplete box does not dismiss. Not sure if this is intended behavior or not.

0 Likes

I found a bug since the previous build: when you delete the root folder of a project it stay in the sidebar

0 Likes

Looks like the semicolon key just fell off the wagon this release. Snippets triggering on “;” and “:” aren’t working.

0 Likes

Since updating to this one, the wrong version of ruby is used when I buid .rb files : I got 1.8.7 that is the default one on my mac (in /usr/bin/ruby) and I ilstalled other versions using rvm. The one that is in my PATH is the 1.9.3 and this was the one used by sublime text prior to the update.

0 Likes

Just FYI, this build breaks at least one tab trigger in the SCSS bundle. Tabbing “+” no longer auto converts to “@include”.

Verified working in 2157.

0 Likes

How do we add to the current HTML tag list?
I’d like to add cfml tags to the new <,tab shortcut.

0 Likes

@atomi, the html tag list is found in Packages/HTML/html_completions.py. There is a list of snippets in the file that you can add to.

0 Likes

Okay, you think I can add to the TagCompletions using in another plugin? I’d like to just add them in a Coldfusion package.

0 Likes

2158 startup speed is amazon. It shows the ui within 1s, but frozen 2-3s, the cursor disappeared for a short while but soon came back.

Is this behavior normal?

My system is win 7 64bit.

Btw, Zencoding works well in my machine.

0 Likes

@atomi Yeah. Just make a cfml_completions.py and include your expansions in on_query_completions like the html plugin.

0 Likes