Sublime Forum

Grep

There are only a few features I miss from SciTE. Here is one: batch search in multiple files.

SciTE supports searching for a search string (optionally a pattern) in all files with names matching a pattern in a directory and optionally its subdirectories. Of course, this is just grep, but the usefulness is that the results in the output pane are clickable to open the file in an editor buffer and focus on the found text.

Have I missed this feature in Sublime? If not, please add it!

– e

0 Likes

Welcome to the forums Doug!

This is definitely planned, atm for shortly after project support gets in there, which itself is very high up on the priority list. I’m personally looking forward to having multi file find and replace in there too!

0 Likes

I’ve always wanted to use a regex on a set of multiple files found based on another regex.

e.g. find every instance of ^(bla){13} in every file whose name, excluding the extension (or, heck, including the extension css?), has .{3}[0-3]-? in it.

0 Likes

You may use grepWin (from Google Code), it uses RegEx for matching/excluding files/folders, for search patterns (or search-n-replace). I occasionally edit 3 000 files with it.

0 Likes