Sublime Forum

Deleted a package, now always getting a popup on startup

Hi guys,

I had manually installed a plugin by doing this in the /Packages folder:

git clone github.com/maltize/sublime-text … -tests.git

However I didn’t like the plugin, so I removed that directory that it was cloned into.

Now, whenever I startup ST2, I always get a dialog popping up that says:

Package Control: the package specified, sublime-text-2-ruby-tests, is not available.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

0 Likes

Remove it from your Packages/User/Package Control.sublime-settings file.

0 Likes

That worked – muchísimas gracias, amigo!

0 Likes

Thanks! had this message too every time my computer starts (Sublime is so awesome that it’s the first app I start when I use my computer) :wink:

ctrl/command+p + package control settings - user

0 Likes

This works, thank you very much.

0 Likes

Always remove installed packages via the Package Control menu:

cmd+shift+p to access Command Pallete

type "package’ and select “Package Control: Remove Package”, or use the fuzzy searching to find it faster. Then just select the package you want removed.

Even if you git cloned it into your packages dir to install it, it will usually show up in this menu.

0 Likes

Great thanks! annoying message now exterminated.

0 Likes

[quote=“edubkendo”]Always remove installed packages via the Package Control menu:

cmd+shift+p to access Command Pallete

type "package’ and select “Package Control: Remove Package”, or use the fuzzy searching to find it faster. Then just select the package you want removed.

Even if you git cloned it into your packages dir to install it, it will usually show up in this menu.[/quote]

I had two packages - JADE and Jade installed, then JADE was removed. Package Control shows only one of this. Only editing file directly
works in this case.

0 Likes