Sublime Forum

Disable update check

Hi All,

I currently have sublime text 2 installed through ppa:webupd8team in ubuntu. Every time I open the editor I get a prompt to update, however I prefer to use apt-get to manage my updates. Is there anyway to disable the update prompt?

Sorry if this is a duplicate, but I have searched forums/ google and have not come across an answer.

Thank you.

0 Likes

I’d appreciate an answer to this as well, presumably this is due to the beta state where it’s important to get updates out to everyone… the trend in apps seems to be going toward silent background updating without user notification (e.g. browsers) so a popup that requires user action is a bit out of place. I’m also using the PPA though.
Thanks!

0 Likes

Bump for this.

An official PPA would be great, and your userbase would increase if this was available for purchase via software channels like Ubuntu’s Software Center / app store.

0 Likes

+1 for “check_update” true/false on Global Settings

0 Likes

+1

0 Likes

I suggest using the beta builds rather than the dev builds if you don’t want frequent update prompts

0 Likes

maybe most of us are just not configured to pass up an opportunity to be on the bleeding edge, when it’s an option.
may i humbly suggest a less-intrusive notification which does not require user input to dismiss? perhaps flash an update indicator in the status bar?

0 Likes

+1 on this. Annoying every morning to get the message.

0 Likes