Sublime Forum

[resolved] how to install plugin?

Hi all,

I searched on the forum to find an answer but no success …
How can I install plugin ? I saw on the wiki I have to double click on package to install it.

When I double click on any files, I have a windows dialog who ask me with which application I want to open the file …

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Likes

Hi!

Looks like Sublime text possibly didn’t install quite right? As long as you have Sublime Text installed, we can get you running. Here’s how. These instructions are for Windows XP, but should be similar for Vista if that’s what you’re on.

1. double-click the file.
  2. Choose ‘select the program from a list’. Click ‘ok’.
  3. Click the ‘browse…’ button
  4. Go find and select the sublime text executable; probably at c:\program files\sublime text\sublimetext.exe. Hit the ‘Open’ button
  5. Make sure ther ‘Always use the selected program to open this kind of file’ checkbox is checked.
  6. Hit ‘OK’.

Sublime text should pop open and ask you if you want to install the program. Confirm that you do.

From now on, your system will know about packages, and double-clicking new ones will install them without you having to go through all this again.

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply.

I tried your solution but don"t work.

When I double click on any files, it open the file in sublime text and I don"t have any popup …

Any ideas ?

0 Likes

You should have exactly one file, with a ‘.sublime-package’ extension – is that right? You download that from the wiki, and then double-click it. Then you go through the process of choosing Sublime to open the package file.

If that’s what you did, here’s the next thing to try. Sublime Text would normally be installed in such a way that packages automatically install. Your installation seems to be a bit broken. You can do one of a few things;

A) Try reinstalling Sublime Text. Your system should be set up to install packages by double-clicking, so just try installing the package again. If it doesn’t work automatically, and the process above doesn’t work, try…

B) Download a copy of this registry file;

http://www.sublimetextwiki.com/steve/sublime-text-installs-packages-on-vista-32.reg

It’s the part of the registry that knows that Sublime text (installed at the usual place of c:\program files\sublime text\sublimetext.exe) is the application which handles .sublime-package files. You just need to double-click the .reg file; it’ll ask if you want to insert the registry details; say yes. Then your system really will be ready to run sublime packages. If not, let us know what’s going wrong.

0 Likes

ok it’s probably the problem.

When I download the file on the wiki, the file have a .zip extension and not .sublime-package
The problem occur with IE …

Now I tried with FF and no problem.
Thanks.

0 Likes