Sublime Forum

What's the default color scheme?

I was trying out alternate color schemes (syntax colors) and now I forgot what the default was! Is it “Twilight”?

0 Likes

it’s monokai

0 Likes

Thanks. That’s a little loud for me… I was able to use my modified “minimal” theme from TextMate, so I’m happy…

0 Likes

How to change the color scheme of ST4 to ST3. There is a difference b/w the text color of ST3 and ST4 like CSS color “px”.

ST3 “px” color is “red”
ST4 “px” color is “blue”

0 Likes

Color Scheme is by Default (Monokai)

ST3 “px” color is “red”.
ST4 “px” color is “blue”.

I like text color style of ST4. How to implement it in ST4

0 Likes

I personally prefer ST3)

0 Likes

Generally speaking, what you want to do is put the cursor on the text that you want to change the color of and use Tools > Developer > Show Scope Name or the associated key, which will show you the scope applied to the text at the cursor.

With that in hand, UI: Customize COlor Scheme from the menu will open a split view with your color scheme on the left and a file on the right for you to modify, the same as happens for key bindings and settings.

In the right hand pane, implement a color rule that applies to the scope that you’re trying to color. You can refer to the color scheme on the left for an example of how the rules are supposed to look.

You can also copy an existing rule from the left and then modify the font style and color associated with it as well. For the case where the text is already colored and you want to change it, that’s generally the best way to go.

For more information I have a playlist that covers color schemes and how they work. If you join a live stream on YouTube or Twitch and ask I can also show a live demo of how to do it for whatever color scheme and change you’re trying to make to make it little clearer.

2 Likes

Thnank you. I like ST3 Monokai color scheme — foreground and background enviroments.

0 Likes