Sublime Forum

Step through find/replace with keyboard

I know there are keyboard shortcuts for finding with the current selection and find next/ find all, but I often have the need to step through my results and decide one by one wether I will replace them. Option-Super-F in Textmate:

If I run into one I want to skip, I just hit super-G to keep going. Makes it super easy to step through them all.

Thoughts?

1 Like

I think your problem would be solved if the Replace button in the find panel had a keybinding. But most amazingly it does not! (Build 2161.)

1 Like

I just created sublimetext.userecho.com/topic/89699-/ to report this issue.

1 Like

Cool thanks! I’m amazed this isn’t already in there.

1 Like

Is there any solution to this almost 3 years later?

1 Like

Is there any solution to this almost 3 years later?

2 Likes

Ctrl+Shift+H is the default binding for “Replace Next” (which seems to be “Replace and Find Next”. I don’t know why it doesn’t show up that way in the menu or tooltips but it is listed in the .sublime-keymap file.

0 Likes

Definitely not ctrl-shift-H or cmd-shift-H for me on Mac in 3.2.2. cmd-option-E does it, but getting the i/f into the state where you can start seems really hard. I have to pull up “Replace…”, then if I hit “Find” I’m toast: I get a new panes which looks just like the old pane, and can be changed, but saving it doesn’t affect the real file. And if I click across to the real file, I lose the “Find” bar. So I have to pull it up, fill it in, and then hit ctrl-G and operate only via control keys. Why such a picky ritual? Esp. because (as others have noted) there seems no way to do the change and not go on (which is extremely important when doing complicated regex changes, and most every other editor has – is there really no way to configure this to work like most things?). I’m a newb to SublimeText (though very, very far from a newb in general), so sorry if I’m missing something that’s obvious to others.

0 Likes