Sublime Forum

Cmd+left arrow on Mac behaviour

Hi, I am running build 2160 on Mac OS X 10.7.2.

I am experiencing non-standard behavior for cmd+left arrow for long word wrapped lines.

When press cmd+left arrow I am expecting the cursor to jump to the beginning of the perceived line, i.e. go to the virtual column number 1. Instead, the cursor jumps to the last column of the previous virtual line. I can understand why (there does not seem to exist a virtual column number 1 - the first stop for the cursor is after the first character on the virtual line).

Is this intentional? Can I configure Sublime Text 2 to behave the way e.g. Apples TextEdit or TextMate behaves?

btw, I really like Sublime Text and it has replaced TextMate as my default text editor.

0 Likes

This used to work as expected, but fell off the wagon at some point. Will fix for the next build.

0 Likes

Great, thanks!

0 Likes

It still does not seem to work (and it’s very annoying). Any plan to really fix this?

0 Likes

Just wanted to follow up with this thread.

Still no support for [cmd+left-arrow] or [cmd+right-arrow] to jump to the beginning / end of a line.

Would kill to have it :smiley: heh

Thanks!

0 Likes

By default, cmd+left and command+right will move the caret to the beginning and end of line respectively.

0 Likes

I have the same issue. Perhaps a plugin is the culprit but I am also unable to use [cmd+left-arrow] or [cmd+right-arrow] to jump to the beginning / end of a line.

I too would really like this as I (would), for example, use this to jump forward after completing variable data within quotes. Other wise I have to use the mouse to click on the end of the line. That is unless I am missing some other way of jumping outside quotes to the end of a line?

0 Likes

Please enter these lines in the console:

sublime.log_commands(True)
sublime.log_input(True)

And let me know what’s output to the console when you press command+left or command+right (either via the forum or to support@sublimetext.com)

0 Likes

I got this in on the output console:

key evt: super+left command: goto_css_declaration {"goto": "prev"}
Commenting out the code in goto-css-declaration.sublime-keymap got cmd+left-arrow and cmd+right-arrow working again.

0 Likes

I also did this and got the same result:

command: goto_css_declaration {“goto”: “next”}

I will follow your advise - I am looking forward to getting cmd-left and cmd-right back!

0 Likes

Any news on this? I still get this behavior and it’s really annoying.

0 Likes

sublimetext.com/docs/2/revert.html

0 Likes

Just remove the Goto CSS plugin and the functionality will be restored. I don’t know what the author of that was thinking. Or rather, I know what he wasn’t thinking.

0 Likes

I use this plugin and have encountered this issue.

Ive re-mapped the Goto CSS Declaration key bind to ctrl+super+left/right.

Is there anyway to map the standard functionality back to cmd+left/right as its still doing the Goto CSS Declaration action.

Thanks

0 Likes

Excerpt from the Windows keymap:

{ "keys": "home"], "command": "move_to", "args": {"to": "bol", "extend": false} }, { "keys": "shift+home"], "command": "move_to", "args": {"to": "bol", "extend": true} }, Just put something like that in your user keybindings.

0 Likes