Sublime Forum

Active tab - how to make it stand out better?

I’m using the default theme… and it’s hard to tell which tab is active.

How can I make the active tab stand out better among all tabs as in for example Google Chrome?

0 Likes

Quick:
open the file “Packages/Theme - Default/medium_dark_selected_tab_bg.png” with Photoshop and draw two white lines on bottom. ( this is what I use, but with soda theme )

Slow:
Find your way with that file, or others from that folder.

0 Likes

One of the unique features of the new default theme is that tabs are integrated better with the code view, making them appear to be seamless. Adding a white line does make it stand out more but I feel that it goes against the intention of the theme. Try a lighter tab outline instead, with a dimmer outline on the inactive tabs.

0 Likes

The white line maybe looks bad for someone, but feels comfortable when there is very low light.

0 Likes

That if you use the desired colour scheme.

0 Likes

[quote=“tito”]Quick:
open the file “Packages/Theme - Default/medium_dark_selected_tab_bg.png” with Photoshop and draw two white lines on bottom. ( this is what I use, but with soda theme )

Slow:
Find your way with that file, or others from that folder.[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion… obviously you are very familiar with the product.

I’m surprised that there’s a ton of discussion about how the logo should be designed, but something as basic as active tab styling is not addressed.

0 Likes

I see that contrast for selected tabs was improved in the recent release. This is great :smile:

If I may suggest another small tab improvement… It would be nice if we could open a new tab by clicking a “new tab” icon (with a plus sign), see the picture. For me this would work better than typing Ctrl-n, thx.

0 Likes