Sublime Forum

Problem with ST2 & Cyberduck?

Previously I’ve used TextMate and Cyberduck (cyberduck.ch) SFTP client for my web development on OS X (10.7.2). Cyberduck has a feature where you can download a file and it will open it up in your editor of choice. Once you save the file, it is automatically uploaded back to the server. It does this (I think) by downloading it to /private/var/folders/… and then checking when the file is updated to decide when to re-upload it.

In any event, this works just fine with TextMate. Now that I’ve switched to ST2, I’m finding that I have to save the file twice in ST2 before Cyberduck uploads it back to the (S)FTP server. I’m not sure why, or who’s to “blame” for this behaviour – ST2 or Cyberduck – but I’m wondering if any one else sees this happening? Both apps are at the latest version.

I’m happy to provide whatever debugging is necessary to solve this.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Further to this, sometimes I save a file in ST2 and Cyberduck uploads it about 6 times in a row.

0 Likes

I have exactly the same problem - however once you’ve saved twice on a file it’ll upload from a single save from that point onwards, thoroughly irritating even if it is a small problem also available to help debug (running latest versions of Lion, ST2 and cyberduck)

0 Likes

I have a similar problem with ST2 and Transmit. Sometimes it simply does not upload the saved file.

0 Likes

Could this have something to do with ODB support?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1444&p=6558&hilit=odb#p6557

0 Likes

Any news on this? I’m not sure if it’s coincidental, but with the recent upgrade of Cyberduck to 4.2, I now find that I can’t edit anything with ST2 and have it re-uploaded to the server. No matter how many times I tell ST2 to save, it doesn’t get sent back. TM doesn’t seem to have this problem.

I am happy to provide any debugging info required.

This is the one thing that is holding me back from purchasing a ST2 licence. Sadly, it’s useless in my workflow if it doesn’t work with my S/FTP program.

0 Likes

Hi!

By customizing ST2 I also only found out right now that Cyberduck&ST2 don’t work together here. This is also vital for me…any news?

Regards,
Garvin

0 Likes

Just found this: trac.cyberduck.ch/ticket/6399 - and upgrading to the most recent version did actually solve the issue. :unamused:

0 Likes