Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Dev Build 2163

Dev Build 2163

Postby jps on Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:50 am

Dev Build 2163 is out now - with a bit of luck, this will be the last build before the next beta.
jps
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3067
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:33 pm

Re: Dev Build 2163

Postby bizoo on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:07 am

bizoo
 
Posts: 879
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:53 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: Dev Build 2163

Postby jps on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:27 am

It's a side effect of tab_completion, where it cycles through the completions even when there's only one completion. I'm not planning on addressing this for the beta.
jps
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3067
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:33 pm

Re: Dev Build 2163

Postby bizoo on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:41 am

jps wrote:It's a side effect of tab_completion, where it cycles through the completions even when there's only one completion. I'm not planning on addressing this for the beta.

Fine, it's not a big deal.

Code: Select all
Auto complete: Enter is again the default key binding to commit the completion. The auto_complete_commit_on_tab setting can be used to configure this.

May I ask you why you (partially) changed your mind on this ?
Maybe I'm wrong but it look it was fairly well accepted by users, so why Enter is the default again ?
bizoo
 
Posts: 879
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:53 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: Dev Build 2163

Postby yarden on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:51 am

Auto complete: Enter is again the default key binding to commit the completion. The auto_complete_commit_on_tab setting can be used to configure this.



THANK YOU! i hated the new way.
yarden
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Dev Build 2163

Postby jps on Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:09 am

bizoo wrote:May I ask you why you (partially) changed your mind on this ? Maybe I'm wrong but it look it was fairly well accepted by users, so why Enter is the default again ?

It was maybe 50/50 among forum users, but responses I got from people outside of the forum were more negative.

Commit-on-tab is better, but it's not what people expect, and it forces users to learn a new way of doing things to be able to use the program. It would give too many people an initial negative reaction - better to have it work how everyone expects out of the box. For the people who are willing to put in the time to get used to commit-on-tab, having to enable it first isn't a barrier.
jps
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3067
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:33 pm

Re: Dev Build 2163

Postby gabriev82 on Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:15 am

This issue still present: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4502&start=20#p20394
Thanks
gabriev82
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: Dev Build 2163

Postby bizoo on Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:21 am

jps wrote:
bizoo wrote:Commit-on-tab is better, but it's not what people expect, and it forces users to learn a new way of doing things to be able to use the program. It would give too many people an initial negative reaction - better to have it work how everyone expects out of the box. For the people who are willing to put in the time to get used to commit-on-tab, having to enable it first isn't a barrier.

Make sense, thanks for your reply and for your hard (and sometimes not very rewarding) works.
bizoo
 
Posts: 879
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:53 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: Dev Build 2163

Postby iamntz on Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:32 am

C'mon man, add an option like: tab_cycle_completion:

Code: Select all
{ "keys": ["tab"], "command": "replace_completion_with_next_completion", "context":
  [
    { "key": "last_command", "operator": "equal", "operand": "insert_best_completion" },
    { "key": "setting.tab_cycle_completion", "operator": "equal", "operand": true }
  ]
}


Really annoying to remove this snippet from default keymap file on every update...
iamntz
 
Posts: 908
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:52 am
Location: Romania

Re: Dev Build 2163

Postby jps on Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:32 am

gabriev82: Yep, and thanks for the detailed report btw. The issue is also in 2139 though, so I'm not going to block the next beta for it - will get it sorted later.
jps
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3067
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:33 pm

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], pseudolus and 39 guests