Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2163

Dev Build 2163 is out now - with a bit of luck, this will be the last build before the next beta.

0 Likes

This issue still present: http://www.sublimetext.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4502&start=0#p20330

0 Likes

It’s a side effect of tab_completion, where it cycles through the completions even when there’s only one completion. I’m not planning on addressing this for the beta.

0 Likes

Fine, it’s not a big deal.

Auto complete: Enter is again the default key binding to commit the completion. The auto_complete_commit_on_tab setting can be used to configure this.

May I ask you why you (partially) changed your mind on this ?
Maybe I’m wrong but it look it was fairly well accepted by users, so why Enter is the default again ?

0 Likes

THANK YOU! i hated the new way.

0 Likes

It was maybe 50/50 among forum users, but responses I got from people outside of the forum were more negative.

Commit-on-tab is better, but it’s not what people expect, and it forces users to learn a new way of doing things to be able to use the program. It would give too many people an initial negative reaction - better to have it work how everyone expects out of the box. For the people who are willing to put in the time to get used to commit-on-tab, having to enable it first isn’t a barrier.

0 Likes

This issue still present: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4502&start=20#p20394
Thanks

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]

Make sense, thanks for your reply and for your hard (and sometimes not very rewarding) works.

0 Likes

C’mon man, add an option like: tab_cycle_completion:

[code]{ “keys”: “tab”], “command”: “replace_completion_with_next_completion”, “context”:

{ "key": "last_command", "operator": "equal", "operand": "insert_best_completion" },
{ "key": "setting.tab_cycle_completion", "operator": "equal", "operand": true }

]
}[/code]

Really annoying to remove this snippet from default keymap file on every update…

0 Likes

gabriev82: Yep, and thanks for the detailed report btw. The issue is also in 2139 though, so I’m not going to block the next beta for it - will get it sorted later.

0 Likes

it’s ok, I understand :smiley:
Please take into consideration to fix it for the next next beta.
Thanks

0 Likes

I keep changing my Default.sublime-theme setting:

{ "class": "tab_label", "fg": [0, 0, 0, 255], "shadow_color": [255, 255, 255, 80], "shadow_offset": [0, 1] },

to:

{ "class": "tab_label", "fg": [0, 0, 0, 255], "shadow_color": [200, 200, 200, 80], "shadow_offset": [0, 1] },

What does the last parameter in shadow_color stand for? Is it opacity/alpha? If so, it doesn’t work. Until it does the default shadow color should be 200, 200, 200. 100% white makes the tab labels difficult to read. Compare (it’s best seen when you set the zoom level to 100% in your browser):

http://www.testomaniak.pl/tabs1.png
http://www.testomaniak.pl/tabs2.png

0 Likes

I’m still having the (quite serious!) issue that pressing tab is inserting the “best completion” rather than moving to the next field after a snippet is inserted.

0 Likes

spadgos: I haven’t been able to replicate that. Does sublimetext.com/docs/2/revert.html fix it for you?

0 Likes

Put that changed setting in your User/Default.sublime-theme and you won’t have to keep changing it.

It’s number of pixels to offset the shadow by in x and y.

Edit: oops, thought you meant shadow_offset

0 Likes

It’s alpha, however it only takes effect on OS X and Linux, as on Windows GDI isn’t able to draw text with alpha.

0 Likes

Dev Build 2164 is out now, with a completion tweak for Zen Coding.

0 Likes

thanks for the fast fix!

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]

It was maybe 50/50 among forum users, but responses I got from people outside of the forum were more negative.

Commit-on-tab is better, but it’s not what people expect, and it forces users to learn a new way of doing things to be able to use the program. It would give too many people an initial negative reaction - better to have it work how everyone expects out of the box. For the people who are willing to put in the time to get used to commit-on-tab, having to enable it first isn’t a barrier.[/quote]

I didn’t complain about it because I could remap it back to Enter (more or less). Otherwise, it would’ve been a big negative since I don’t have a left hand :smile:

0 Likes

I agree, FWIW. Thanks!

0 Likes