Sublime Forum

2 Bugs

1. If you change the name of a file by adding capitalization the file name doesn’t change in the folders column.

Example.

index.php >> Index.php (no change)

However if you change add or remove a character or even change a letter it works.

index.php >> index2.php (change)

1. If you right click the furthest right file there is an option to close tabs to the right… there are no tabs to the right. The option shouldn’t be here.

Finally on the forum… if you forget your password… your buggered as there is no way to retrieve it…

0 Likes

I think this is a bug in windows explorer. Try to rename a file by changing a letter case and you will see :smile:

0 Likes

Sorry, I am on a Mac when this happened. I haven’t tested windows. Using Snow Leopard.

On Linux - which I haven’t tested - I know that typically foo.png and Foo.png are two different files. However on my Mac and on Windows. Foo.png == foo.png and the two files cannot co-exist in the same directory so what you say makes sense assuming something similar is going on with a OSX partition.

0 Likes

Just tried on Lion too. same issue as windows :wink:

0 Likes

I have seen this happen before but it hasn’t been a big deal because I would (as posted above), rename a file to something else then back again with the correct capitalization.

I’m now however, in a position where it’s become a problem because the project I’m working on has two directories that have the same name with different capitalization. While this convention is not good in any way, it’s the way it is – and sublime is failing to load any of the contents in one of the two directories. This has now become a problem that’s hindering me from working as even the command pallet is failing to “see” the files.

0 Likes

It seems like it’s part of OS X and Windows system design:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Case_preservation

0 Likes

Maybe there is a bug in the system of Window and Mac, so when you change the name, try to use both upper and lower case letter, and you will see how it works

0 Likes