Sublime Forum

2164 tab bar not drawing correctly

I just upgraded to 2164 on Linux 32-bit and the tab bar doesnā€™t seem to redraw properly. Iā€™ve attached a screen shot of the tab bar just after opening a project. It looks like it doesnā€™t erase the old pixels as the tab name scrolls up into view. Also, when the tab name is readable the highlighting doesnā€™t work and I have no idea which tab Iā€™m on.

This worked fine in 2156 but I donā€™t know how to get later dev releases to test when it broke. How can I download 2163 (or any arbitrary build)?

0 Likes

Can you give sublimetext.com/docs/2/revert.html a go?

0 Likes

OK, I figured out how to get a couple of earlier DEV builds and it looks like the tab bar is broken in both 2163 & 2164 although not in quite the same way. At least in 2163 & 2164 it draws correctly, but the active tab highlight doesnā€™t work and when I switch tabs the names all become bold.

Hmmmā€¦ I donā€™t see anyone else complaining about tab bar stuff on Linux 32-bit so maybe itā€™s not ST2 but my system config. In order to ā€œupgradeā€ ST2, Iā€™ve just been moving the old ā€œSublime Text 2ā€ directory out of the way and un-taring the latest tarball in itā€™s place. Itā€™s worked for me over several ā€œdeploysā€ so I just assumed that this was the way it was done. Am I missing something? Should I be cleaning out ā€œcookiesā€ or something when I upgrade to a new version of ST2?

BTW: I canā€™t seem to find older DEV builds beyond a couple of releases back. Is there some place that has the old builds besides the CDN?

0 Likes

:blush: I think Iā€™ve found the cause of my problem and it doesnā€™t seem to be related to a particular ST2 version. Apparently, uninstalling the SODA theme from Package Manager causes all sorts of bad things to happen in my setup. I reverted to my ā€œoldā€ version and it was still messed up. Reinstalling the SODA theme fixed everything.

Now however, it seems Iā€™m stuck with the SODA install. I no longer use/need the SODA theme so I donā€™t want it installed but uninstalling it or even deactivating it causes all sorts of problem with my GUI. :frowning:

0 Likes

It turns out that at some point in the past ST2 moved its config files to ~/.config/sublime-text-2 from ~/.Sublime Text 2 and I didnā€™t realize that. It also appears as if you have an old ~/.Sublime Text 2 folder hanging around it can still cause you problems.

So, my advice to any others that are having weird things happening in the ST2 environment, is to move your ā€œoldā€ configuration stuff out of the way and try again. It works much better that way. :smile:

0 Likes

Yes, that fixed my problem. However, you might want to add a section to this page that tells you to remove any old config stuff as well. For example, my problem seemed to be that ST2 was still finding my ā€œ~/.Sublime Text 2ā€ config folder and that was confusing it.

0 Likes