Sublime Forum

2164 tab bar not drawing correctly

I just upgraded to 2164 on Linux 32-bit and the tab bar doesn’t seem to redraw properly. I’ve attached a screen shot of the tab bar just after opening a project. It looks like it doesn’t erase the old pixels as the tab name scrolls up into view. Also, when the tab name is readable the highlighting doesn’t work and I have no idea which tab I’m on.

This worked fine in 2156 but I don’t know how to get later dev releases to test when it broke. How can I download 2163 (or any arbitrary build)?

0 Likes

Can you give sublimetext.com/docs/2/revert.html a go?

0 Likes

OK, I figured out how to get a couple of earlier DEV builds and it looks like the tab bar is broken in both 2163 & 2164 although not in quite the same way. At least in 2163 & 2164 it draws correctly, but the active tab highlight doesn’t work and when I switch tabs the names all become bold.

Hmmm… I don’t see anyone else complaining about tab bar stuff on Linux 32-bit so maybe it’s not ST2 but my system config. In order to “upgrade” ST2, I’ve just been moving the old “Sublime Text 2” directory out of the way and un-taring the latest tarball in it’s place. It’s worked for me over several “deploys” so I just assumed that this was the way it was done. Am I missing something? Should I be cleaning out “cookies” or something when I upgrade to a new version of ST2?

BTW: I can’t seem to find older DEV builds beyond a couple of releases back. Is there some place that has the old builds besides the CDN?

0 Likes

:blush: I think I’ve found the cause of my problem and it doesn’t seem to be related to a particular ST2 version. Apparently, uninstalling the SODA theme from Package Manager causes all sorts of bad things to happen in my setup. I reverted to my “old” version and it was still messed up. Reinstalling the SODA theme fixed everything.

Now however, it seems I’m stuck with the SODA install. I no longer use/need the SODA theme so I don’t want it installed but uninstalling it or even deactivating it causes all sorts of problem with my GUI. :frowning:

0 Likes

It turns out that at some point in the past ST2 moved its config files to ~/.config/sublime-text-2 from ~/.Sublime Text 2 and I didn’t realize that. It also appears as if you have an old ~/.Sublime Text 2 folder hanging around it can still cause you problems.

So, my advice to any others that are having weird things happening in the ST2 environment, is to move your “old” configuration stuff out of the way and try again. It works much better that way. :smile:

0 Likes

Yes, that fixed my problem. However, you might want to add a section to this page that tells you to remove any old config stuff as well. For example, my problem seemed to be that ST2 was still finding my “~/.Sublime Text 2” config folder and that was confusing it.

0 Likes