Sublime Forum

Invisible tabs

Hi.

I just updated to the latest beta build (2165), and my tabs seem to be invisible. Any ideas ?

Thanks.

0 Likes

sublimetext.com/docs/2/revert.html

0 Likes

Hi.

That did not work for me unfortunately.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Same problem here. Fresh install on Mac OS X 10.6 (first time user). Deleting the settings didn’t help either.

The problem only appears when the folder view is displayed (a folder or project is opened). There’s reserved space for the tabs to display but they aren’t shown. Also when I open several files from the folder view, it appears like each opened file would replace the previously opened one. (I can’t switch between them via keyboard shortcuts. When closing one tab via cmd+w there’s none left.)

Again, this problem only appears when the folder view on the left is displayed.

0 Likes

I just noticed it’s not about the folders pane being displayed, but about files opened from the folder pane. Files opened via cmd+T are not affected.

UPDATE: Everything works I when open the file from the folder pane via double click. The problem appears only on opening via single click (like in Textmate). If that’s intended behaviour it should be documented on the projects documentation site. That supposed bug nearly made me drop Sublime and go back to Textmate.

0 Likes

[quote=“submich”]I just noticed it’s not about the folders pane being displayed, but about files opened from the folder pane. Files opened via cmd+T are not affected.

UPDATE: Everything works I when open the file from the folder pane via double click. The problem appears only on opening via single click (like in Textmate). If that’s intended behaviour it should be documented on the projects documentation site. That supposed bug nearly made me drop Sublime and go back to Textmate.[/quote]

That certainly is intended behaviour, and very handy too. The idea is to let you browse through files and look at the content without opening a million new tabs unnecessarily. The file will open in a new tab as soon as you edit it, or if you double click it in the side bar.

0 Likes

Thanks, it is very handy indeed (and an advantage over textmate). It just confused me in the first place because I dind’t hit on the idea of double clicking :unamused:

Apart from this I really like Sublime and will most probably switch over from Textmate (some nice improvements and the main advantage of multiplatform support).

0 Likes

Oh. Likewise I did not foresee it working that way. Thanks for the info.

0 Likes

The behaviour was a lot more intuitive in the early days when there were no tabs, and View/Side Bar/Show Open files was enabled by default

0 Likes